Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bunch of questions about my "new" car...

Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Bunch of questions about my "new" car...

I just got an '05 Altima SL which I couldn't be more happy with seeing as how it's my first car I've ever actually gone and picked out. I know it's probably nobody's first choice on vadriven, but it's perfect for my wife and I.

I'd like to get it looking a little more aggressive, and I've always liked the look of blackout/tinted tail lights, but I'm wondering what the legality is in this area? And if it's legal, anyone know of any good products?

On a completely different note, any recommendations for some sort of leather cleaner/polish for my interior?

Lastly, any members offer pinstripe removal? I can't stand pinstriping and of course this car has it.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
junction
Registered Member

junction has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bunch of questions about my "new" car...

1.) Have you ever thought about 05-06 altima se-r oem tail lights? I think it would be an cheap/clean upgrade.

2.) Try Meguiar's Gold Class Leather cleaner/conditioner.

3.) Heat up the pin stripe with your/your wife's blow dryer then slowly peel it off without using your nail. After that, goo gone and clean the surface wash/wax. All set.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
bwit43
Registered Member

bwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud ofbwit43 has much to be proud of

2.5 or 3.5?

just gotta watch out for the power valves or maybe the cat on the manifold breaking up, might need a crank/cam sensor sooner or later to. (if its a 2.5)
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 PM
and1baller
Registered Member

and1baller has disabled reputation

what color? if its the 3.5, very nice car. father has had his 06 since oct of 05. not one problem.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 AM
nosediv3
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I'd like to get it looking a little more aggressive, and I've always liked the look of blackout/tinted tail lights, but I'm wondering what the legality is in this area? And if it's legal, anyone know of any good products?
illegal.

vht nightshades.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 AM
jermzkill
Registered Member

jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill

yeah go with the SE-R oem altima lights, so you won't have to worry about legality and throw some nice rims on the car.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:42 AM
jnhalstead
Registered Member

jnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bunch of questions about my "new" car...

congrats on the altima from one altima owner to another. I hope you got the 3.5 and not the 2.5 as the 4 cylinder QR engine is probed with recalls. I suggest you make sure it has had all them done if you have the 4.

I peeled off my pinstripes with a blow dryer and goo gone. debadged the whole rear end with fishing line/blow dryer/goo gone

More agressive look. Body kits there are a few of them out there. I simply don't like the body kits for our cars as none of them are really simple and are more "rice" ksport and tein make coilovers if you want to go that route. Since you have an 05 you can actually install the whole SER front end as the 05 has different hood, headlights and front bumper than the 02-04.

SER tails are the way to go!

If you have Bose system take off your driver door panel and tighten all the bolts in it as this is a common problem.

3.5 then get used to the Torque steer!

get used to the front wheel well gap unless you get coilovers or slam it on sportlines.

www.nissanclub.com for all your questions
www.activetuning.com
www.cattman.com though the altima stuff isn't listed on the site
http://www.racinglineperformance.com

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...025743&l=adfca for pics of my 03 3.5 on 09 maxima rims not really modding it till it's completely paid off. Does have cross drilled/slotted rotors/intake/ground wire kit

Last edited by jnhalstead; 02-11-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I went with the 2.5 SL. I know they had their problems but it was the 2002-2004 models that had alot of precat problems. The 2005 has a slightly different engine. Just the same, how would I check whether Or not she's had the recalled repairs taken care of?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
jnhalstead
Registered Member

jnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I went with the 2.5 SL. I know they had their problems but it was the 2002-2004 models that had alot of precat problems. The 2005 has a slightly different engine. Just the same, how would I check whether Or not she's had the recalled repairs taken care of?
go to dealership and let them run your vin #. You might be able to do it over the phone.

but nissanclub's search should really help you out
Old 02-11-2009, 04:27 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

Yeah man I've been on that website alot for the past week.

Quick Reply: Bunch of questions about my "new" car...