Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Crower stage 2 camshaft

Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Benjamenenglish
More Boost plz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benjamenenglish Benjamenenglish
Default Crower stage 2 camshaft

ok i got a d16y8 with OEM vavles, OEM retainers, OEM vavle guides, Crespro springs ratings to 8,500rpms, Crower stage 2 camshaft, Skunk2 cam gear, port and polished and radius vavle job. in the head and stock block 8 pound flywheel and stage two clutch.

my questions are

how much power am i looking at?

should i get it tuned?

what should i add next? i have a cold air.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:11 PM
ethan82000
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crower stage 2 camshaft

all motors are different. no ones going to be able to tell you how much hp you are pushing. And yes, with any upgraded cam, you should get it tuned.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Benjamenenglish
More Boost plz

should i also upgrade the fuel?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You should get tuned, yes. I doubt you're going to overtax the stock fuel system with just those mods though. Your only mods are a cam and port and polish, which alone don't add that much power overall.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Benjamenenglish
More Boost plz

yeah i got a cold air, cam, and port and polish, is there a extremly quite exust system i could use?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

on stage 2's you need to run aftermarket retainers along with those springs, not a must but a very goood idea, and a tune is a must. if you want some good power with that setup I would personally tune the crap out of it, change your retainers and vavles (valves arent a must). get some arp studs and bolts and throw a shot of nitrous on it. or turbo it, but thats just my opinion...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Benjamenenglish
More Boost plz

alright ill deffently get retainers and arp studs, and get it tuned really well.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
slodc4
Registered Member

slodc4 has disabled reputation

i would say not too much more than stock, with the crower stage 2 cam, you are wayyyyy over caming your engine. its best to have higher conpression with this cam. either get high compression pistons or crower stage 1's
Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM
SYDEWAYZAE86
POWER/WEIGHT

SYDEWAYZAE86 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slodc4
i would say not too much more than stock, with the crower stage 2 cam, you are wayyyyy over caming your engine. its best to have higher conpression with this cam. either get high compression pistons or crower stage 1's
Yeah it sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing.

Your just wasting your money.
You could have had it boosted already. Why not just go B series or another swap?
You should have done your homework b4 just buying shit that your obviously unsure of the outcome. Since you have already put time & $ into this motor I suggest either a turbo kit, or building the bottom end to match the cam.
When the parts work together as a whole is when you can expect the most gains. For instance a header on a other wise comlpetely stock engine may give a few hp. But that header in conjunction w/ intake, exhaust, pulleys, wires, aluminum radiator, & a ecu chip will gain you much better results.
Take the time to do more research before just throwing $ @ your car. The right combinations are what you need. Search around to see what has been proven before. See what the winners are using.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by SYDEWAYZAE86
But that header in conjunction w/ intake, exhaust, pulleys, wires, aluminum radiator, & a ecu chip will gain you much better results.
Take the time to do more research before just throwing $ @ your car. The right combinations are what you need. Search around to see what has been proven before. See what the winners are using.
Plug wires and an aluminum radiator are performance mods? I'm not even going to start on the pulley suggestion..

Quick Reply: Crower stage 2 camshaft