Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

3M detailing complete kit..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 AM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default 3M detailing complete kit..

Im about to spray my car black and i know i will need to sand it down after words and use a polishing kit. I have done this before but by hand. It really sucks!!! I found a buddy of mine used this 3m kit after painting his car and the out come was a glass finish after painting it. Does any one know where i can get this kit locally or a similar kit. I know this one retails for about $149 on ebay.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: 3M detailing complete kit..

You may want to PM Flite on here. He is one of the few who I PM about paint care.

Do expect to spend some money on supplies though. They usually aren't cheap.

Good luck with the paintjob dude.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

really...oh damn..

I might just have to get one of the vadriven detailers to my house then.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you can get everything you need from mattos pro finishes, on witchduck, or theres one on the other side of the water. been using 3m stuff for years and we use the same system at the shop. its awesome stuff and makes for a great finish.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
you can get everything you need from mattos pro finishes, on witchduck, or theres one on the other side of the water. been using 3m stuff for years and we use the same system at the shop. its awesome stuff and makes for a great finish.
Don't lie.
I know your secret.

(Ya'll just lay down bomb ass paintjobs so you don't gotta wetsand and buff it out. :P)

I need to learn to buff better.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

I'll take a look at that place ....thank you. I'll be spraying tomorrow if all goes well. 3M kit seem to be what a lot of people use after paint.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Don't lie.
I know your secret.

(Ya'll just lay down bomb ass paintjobs so you don't gotta wetsand and buff it out. :P)

I need to learn to buff better.
thats mostly true, but sometimes a little turd gets into the clear and has to be sanded and buffed. sanding and buffing is just part of painting, shit has to be absolutely perfect and clean to get away with out spot sanding and buffing.

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
I'll take a look at that place ....thank you. I'll be spraying tomorrow if all goes well. 3M kit seem to be what a lot of people use after paint.
its a great system, i recommend if you do sand that you finish everything with 1500/2000 on a soft pad d/a, after you do your wet blocking and such. the speed of the d/a makes the scratches so much finer than just finishing with a block, so buffing is way, way easier.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

I know. i have done 3 cars by hand and it took me hours. A buddy of mine from florida recomened this kit. Im just looking for a place on the peninsula that has it.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

holy crap id shoot myself in the head if i had to buff a car by hand, i never have, never will. even when i was a begginer i went and bought a 30 dollar buffer from harbor freight and went to mattos and got 3m compound and pads, ive been using 3m since i started painting, your definitely going to love it.

since you say youve done them by hand, have you ever used a high speed buffer ? if not, you best practice on some shit you dont care about. cause youll fuck shit up quick if you go into it on your own car with no previous experience.