Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 vtec

Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
hatch22
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these parts
Default h22 vtec

i havea 99 lude and the vtec is actin funny it comes on and its really loud but dosent do anything it kinda falls on its face so to speak...... i thought clutch was slipping but the rpms dont really move like it would be i need to know any suggestions what would cause this problem
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: h22 vtec

check yer oil
Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

check wires to solenoid, check soleniod (take it apart and clean the plunger and screen)
Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 PM
hatch22
Registered Member

hatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these parts

i know the oil being low would do it poss. but I'm going to do both of those tomorrow thanks i was reading on honda tech about some shit and it just confused the hell out if me thanks a lot ill post results tomorrow after doing that
Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

Originally Posted by hatch22
i know the oil being low would do it poss. but I'm going to do both of those tomorrow thanks i was reading on honda tech about some shit and it just confused the hell out if me thanks a lot ill post results tomorrow after doing that
possibly? more like sure thing, if yer oil is low, vtec wont go bro. what confused you?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
hatch22
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 95egd16
possibly? more like sure thing, if yer oil is low, vtec wont go bro. what confused you?
idk i really didnt find the exact problem i am having so i read a bunch of shit for nothing but i got some use out of it
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So if there is a noticeable change in noise level, that most likely means that VTEC is engaging. If VTEC is engaging, you don't need to check your oil. The amount of power that VTEC adds is not controlled by the oil level or the oil pressure, VTEC either engages or it doesn't. So why would a power problem when VTEC engages be caused by oil level or oil pressure?

If VTEC engages and you're losing power, there is another problem somewhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

only reason I say that is because I had an ls vtec at one time, and was driving it one day, hit vtec, went right back outta vtec,then came back in vtec, then back out, like sputtering in and out of vtec. so I checked the oil, oil was low, out oil in it and never had the prob again. hatch22- listen to fabrik8 over just about everyone on va, he knows his shit
Old 06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 95egd16
only reason I say that is because I had an ls vtec at one time, and was driving it one day, hit vtec, went right back outta vtec,then came back in vtec, then back out, like sputtering in and out of vtec. so I checked the oil, oil was low, out oil in it and never had the prob again.
Your problem was the classic VTEC dropout problem where the oil pressure isn't high enough or steady enough to keep VTEC engaged. A lack of power with VTEC constantly engaged should be a completely different problem though.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

well like I said, listen to fabrik8 and not me, no joke

Quick Reply: h22 vtec