Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any interest in local cryo treating?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Any interest in local cryo treating?

I'm trying gauge of there's a local market to have stuff cryo-treated. Would any on driven be interested?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Any interest in local cryo treating?

There is alot of interest in getting stuff like this done but people would rather send their stuff off to a reptuable place than someone just starting off.
No offense but I'd rather send my stuff to someone and they gaurantee it and I know it won't break than to have to pull my transmission back apart and out of the car.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Jarrod
There is alot of interest in getting stuff like this done but people would rather send their stuff off to a reptuable place than someone just starting off.
No offense but I'd rather send my stuff to someone and they gaurantee it and I know it won't break than to have to pull my transmission back apart and out of the car.
None taken. Not starting off. My fathers company has been doing it since '92. He does the treating for friends and family and offered me to expand part of the company to offer cryo treating to everyone. Another note: his company has been involved soley in cryogenics since its inception.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 AM
91 Hatch
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

How much does this usually run?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:55 AM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I can see the attraction. I don't have any parts currently in need of it, but with certain parts the savings on shipping would be significant.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Vengance
tired of walking

Vengance has disabled reputation

References, more information/history on your Father's company (if you can disclose), and pictures to your his/their work may help your cause. It can help build the creditability of the work and confidence of potential customers. I don't mean what I say in a negative way, but to help out. Because like the person above me said. Shipping cost can make a difference sometimes, especially if the service is equal or better
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

Originally Posted by Vengance
References, more information/history on your Father's company (if you can disclose), and pictures to your his/their work may help your cause. It can help build the creditability of the work and confidence of potential customers. I don't mean what I say in a negative way, but to help out. Because like the person above me said. Shipping cost can make a difference sometimes, especially if the service is equal or better
My father builds cryogenic generating equipment. He also generates solutions to problems involving cryogens. His company mainly designs/sells liquid nitrogen generators (majority of hte market) but has also ventured into liquid oxygen as well as liquid helium. He also builds heat exchangers to turn the liquid into a pressurized gas.

I'll withold the name of the company for the time being, but its located in Newport News. (I'm sure a google search would pop it up)

Do you want pictures of the generators?

I am trying to see if there are people locally that have sent their stuff out to be treated.