Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ECU

Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
HEISENBERG
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default ECU

93 hatch with B16A
ECU is a P06.
I want to get an ECU that is more suitable for the DOHC vtec motor and chip it then tune it.
Should I get a P28 or P30? Any other suggestions?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:37 AM
BentValve
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: ECU

P28.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
HEISENBERG
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

What should I tune it with?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:48 AM
srSlider
Registered member

srSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond reputesrSlider has a reputation beyond repute

U can use the p06. there is a conversion kit. i install them all the time.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
accuracy1
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

If you are going to chip it either will do.
The p28 will probably be cheaper and easier to find.
Good luck.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
HEISENBERG
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by srSlider
U can use the p06. there is a conversion kit. i install them all the time.
Well I guess that's what my car has right now because it's running the B16 but it feels like it could run much better.

Originally Posted by accuracy1
Good luck.
Is this something you guys do in house?
I'll PM you.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ProPixel
Well I guess that's what my car has right now because it's running the B16 but it feels like it could run much better.
The conversion is to add the VTEC parts. The P06 and P28 (and P30) are all the same ECU. Take a P30, remove the knock sensor board, and you have a P28. Take the P28, remove the VTEC components, and you have a P06.
The stock programs are different obviously for the different engines that the 3 ECUs run from the factory, but chipping takes care of that. They're all literally the same circuit board, and there are blank spots where the parts are missing.

So get someone to add the VTEC parts when the ECU is chipped, and you'll end up with a chipped P28. Problem solved.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:57 AM
HEISENBERG
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The conversion is to add the VTEC parts. The P06 and P28 (and P30) are all the same ECU. Take a P30, remove the knock sensor board, and you have a P28. Take the P28, remove the VTEC components, and you have a P06.
The stock programs are different obviously for the different engines that the 3 ECUs run from the factory, but chipping takes care of that. They're all literally the same circuit board, and there are blank spots where the parts are missing.

So get someone to add the VTEC parts when the ECU is chipped, and you'll end up with a chipped P28. Problem solved.
Well the ECU is chipped because the car engages VTEC no problem. I guess I just need a good tune and valve adjustment. I can hear a really annoying valve tick. Hopefully it's just that and nothing else.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yep, sounds like you're on the right track.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

It's the other way. P06 will be easier to find and cheaper too. Most people are hung up on the P28 for some reason. And a previously mentioned they are the same after the P06 is converted to VTEC

Originally Posted by accuracy1
Good luck.

Quick Reply: ECU