Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Full vehicle vinyl wraps. Anyone have any info?

Old 12-07-2009 | 08:16 PM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch
Default Full vehicle vinyl wraps. Anyone have any info?

Anyone ever have a full vehicle wrap? I really want to get my Jeep done. How much would it run for the cheapest all white or all black wrap?

Any local 757 companies do it??
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:18 PM
jarrett2k
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k
Default Re: Full vehicle vinyl wraps. Anyone have any info?

there's a company near lynchburg that does them. it's not exactly 757 local, just throwing it out there. i've see a few of the cars they've done, looks pretty good. i have no clue on pricing.
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:20 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i seen a dually the other day advertising a wrap place in hampton...i cant for the life of me remember the name...it was like lime green and black
Old 12-07-2009 | 10:35 PM
RameyBuilt
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

i know of a few good places but they are not local but they are very good (nj, ny area), u have to be carefully when getting a wrap, the stick can be great but the install has to be just as good to pull of the design u are looking for, also iv seen 2 big differences in wraps, ones that last 1 year and the ones that last 4 to 5, which is a big factor on the final price. if the car is going to be sitting in the sun for a while (over a 24 hours at a time) make sure u spend the extra money up front or u will regret it in the long run..

from what i have seen the cheapest wraps are about as much as a good paint job and the better wraps being 4-5k depending on the complexity of the design and quality of the sticker
Old 12-07-2009 | 10:37 PM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

check out redlinedesign
Old 12-08-2009 | 02:37 AM
E F
Registered Member

E F E F E F E F E F E F E F E F E F

Originally Posted by MattnTheHATch
Anyone ever have a full vehicle wrap? I really want to get my Jeep done. How much would it run for the cheapest all white or all black wrap?

Any local 757 companies do it??
I can help you, I'm a graphic designer certified by Oracal and 3M to wrap vehicles, I'm away for a couple days on business but when I return I'll post some pics of vehicles I have done.

Just to clarify a few things in public here, RamyBuilt is correct on most things, it's pretty hard, however, to guess the price not knowing the vehicle and the the type of wrap you're looking for... Sounds to me you're looking for a simple color change? If that's the case, there are materials out there made for that, pretty pricey stuff though, it will last around 7 years outdoor, sun or not it will not make a difference since the pigmentation of the material is colored already, not ink printed on white vinyl...

Another option is pretty much turning your Jeep into a rolling bill board, THAT is a different story, you have design time (lots of it) plus material and installation, there are a few major manufacturer for the material and their quality varies tremendously... the difference is the lamination that is added after the image has been printed, that, Ramey is correct; it varies, realistically speaking,you'll get 4-5 years at most out of a wrap, unless the car is kept in a garage for a while... than again, why would you keep a wrapped vehicle in a garage, you know what I mean?

As far as prices, you're probably looking for $400-$500 for design, $1500-$1700 for material and another $500 or so for install...

I can give a lot more info! hopefully it can lead to you hiring me!!

Good luck
Old 12-08-2009 | 02:40 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

OP, brace urself.
Old 12-08-2009 | 03:45 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Victory By Design here in harrisonburg is awesome. They do all kinds of porsche, ferrari, corvette etc. race cars in american lemans and such.

http://vbdgraphics.com/

They arn't local, and I'm sure they're not cheap, but they're very good.
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:08 AM
Fobby
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

Originally Posted by E F

As far as prices, you're probably looking for $400-$500 for design, $1500-$1700 for material and another $500 or so for install...

Damn decently expensive...
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:30 AM
E F
Registered Member

E F E F E F E F E F E F E F E F E F

Originally Posted by Fobby
Damn decently expensive...
For what is, the price isn't bad, actually. You'll will find it for less, feedback I've received from my clients and what I've noticed is there are a lot of local sign shops stating they can do it, simply because they have a wide format printer, however they have a very limited amount of training, the results are very amateur designs, missaligned panels and bad quality altogether, I know of a few shops in town that will do an entire vehcle for as little as $1500 for the complete job! In the end, you get what you pay for...

Also, compare it to a billboard, one on i95 in Richmond will cost you up to 60k for 3 months, the only people who will see it are those thatt drive by if..., as for the wrap, the more you drive the more exposure you get, not too mention the cost is 5% of the billboard price and will last 12 times longer...

Last edited by E F; 12-08-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Full vehicle vinyl wraps. Anyone have any info?