Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

95 pothole ate 2 of my wheels!!!! Help Me!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Quentin
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default 95 pothole ate 2 of my wheels!!!! Help Me!

OMG. So last Sat. in the left lane of 95N like 2 or 3 miles shy of the mixing bowl. I switch into the left lane and BANG BANG MOFO BANG! Almost lost control of the car and got swung into the center lane. Thankfully able to save it. I instantly knew something's wrong and the car is steering to left. I have to wait about two miles to pull of somewhere safe. And the front tire is flat and smoking. I put spare on. Then next morning I realize the left back wheel is also bent. As of now I'm not sure what wrongs with the front tire but it went flat and it was smoking. So most likely that tire is bad and the wheel is iffy.

I heard that you can make a claim to VDOT about them repaying you for the poor road conditions. I called today and the lady said I need to gather all my evidence. Here is my problem. I feel like a key piece of evidence I can't obtain is a picture of the pothole. 1. B/c I'm not exactly sure where it is, just left lane, left side of the lane. And 2 even if I did know where it is, I dont feel safe trying to take a pic on the highway.

I'm asking you guys how I should go about gathering my case. I'm looking at $400 min to get it fixed. Gotta see if the front wheel is damaged or not.

Heres the kicker:
I just put new 3 tires on my car like 3 week ago.
Why did I put 3 new tires on? B/c like a month ago, I hit the same MOFO pothole. And it bent my front wheel!!!! I didnt trip as much then b/c I had a spare wheel and I was like well I'll just buy all new tires since they only had like 20% left. Before you go why would you hit the same hole twice, I wasn't sure where on the highway it was the first time I hit it and I figured no way it could still be there after a month. Guess wrong!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
ISpimpin
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 95 pothole ate 2 of my wheels!!!! Help Me!

I shattered a wheel on a pothole once.. sucks. Honestly I doubt your going to get much from VDOT, best thing you can do is avoid it and call to have them fix it...
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

PICS!!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:30 AM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Just go during rush hour. you should have plenty of time to take a pic then.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:31 AM
ಠ__ಠ
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

Theres a Huge i mean Huuuge, pothole on the way into DC on the bridge in the left lane, i barely missed it and, another one on north capitol, its fine when its just little one here and there but it gets kinda ridiculous when its deep gaping just tore up your moms ******&****** wide
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

NEWSFLASH NOVA!!!! THIS JUST IN 95 SUCKS AND HAS LOTS OF POTHOLES FYI
Old 12-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Soundwave.
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

Originally Posted by POS DSM
NEWSFLASH NOVA!!!! THIS JUST IN 95 SUCKS AND HAS LOTS OF POTHOLES FYI
true. Theres a massive one in the middle lane when you first leave from the springfield exit. Shit sucks
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Quentin
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

I'll take pics of the bent wheel and tire when I get in from work. But like I said I'm pretty sure I cant get pics of the pothole on 95 b/c its 95. And after soome googling it seems like some people have had success in VA getting them to pay. Its just a PITA and seems like it will take at least a month. One guy on here (VaDriven) got $1500.

As of now:
I'll take pics of the mest up tire/wheel
Go to shop to see whats wrong with the other wheel/tire and get to them to document it
Show recipts for tires
Show estimate of how much new tire/wheels and alingment will cost

Hopefully have a full report by end of week.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

That sucks man. even if they do pay for it it's still a pain in the ass to go throught he process. These roads were a major reason I went from 18's to 17's. Still, 264 down in VA Beach has got to be the worst highway in the state if not the world
Old 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Soundwave.
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

Originally Posted by POS DSM
That sucks man. even if they do pay for it it's still a pain in the ass to go throught he process. These roads were a major reason I went from 18's to 17's. Still, 264 down in VA Beach has got to be the worst highway in the state if not the world
i always thought 64 down in richmond was bad. unless thats 264 as well? shit is terrible

Quick Reply: 95 pothole ate 2 of my wheels!!!! Help Me!