Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Cryotreating?

Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Cryotreating?

What's going on fella's? I am looking for a shop recommendation on who does cryotreating. I am contemplating on building the S2000's differential and buying a few gears/ect ect and getting them cryotreated for durability. Any recommendations on anybody you have dealt with? None of my vendors at my shop do so. Thanks in advance. Maybe even polishing the gear sets...?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
C Ory
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory
Default Re: Cryotreating?

Ben @ PuddyMod Racing in Florida.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by C Ory
Ben @ PuddyMod Racing in Florida.
I have PM'd him, he gave me his cell phone. However, I'd like to go through my rear end myself and get a shop around here local to cryotreat the needed parts.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

PM RameyBuilt or Accuracy1 to see who they used.

Shawn has a PPG now but Accuracy(Shad) has been using cyro-treated stock trans for a while now.

How much power are you looking to do? Shawn broke his after a couple hard passes making over 750(civic though)
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by Jarrod
PM RameyBuilt or Accuracy1 to see who they used.

Shawn has a PPG now but Accuracy(Shad) has been using cyro-treated stock trans for a while now.

How much power are you looking to do? Shawn broke his after a couple hard passes making over 750(civic though)
Well, I have done a little bit of research. Some common gear swaps include (4.77's from a Kia!!! front axle) and a few other things. In all honesty, I do not think I am going to build the S2000 right now. However, my differential is sounding like a garbage disposal. I have yet had time to put it on the lift and inspect what is damaged (will do this Saturday) BUT. I do not want to put another plane jane stock S2000 rear end without some extra precautionary measures to make it a little stronger, while having a shorter gear as well. I'd like to feel confident my car will not disintegrate from a little launch, hard shifting or a second gear chirp as ricer as it may sound. Plain and simple, I just want a more reliable rear end and at the same time learn how to rebuild the differential myself. I've done a few transmissions, but this will be the cherry popper on a rear diff.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Not saying this is true but Shawn put a gear in his S2000 and all it did was make it rev faster..
seriously, its not a 5.0 mustang.
They run 13.9s stock, what do people with gears run?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

To be honest, I have not checked the track time differences, only diff I have seen is this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rGbTbFfKs

and another S2000 vs Mine (identical mods) but other S2000 had 4.77's and jumped out like 2 1/2 cars on me and I could not reel him back in.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

I am also assuming that my ring gear and pinion are trashed, if that is the case...the gear is 600 from Honda...where as a kia 4.77 front axle gear is 200...

so the no brainer is..
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
C Ory
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Not saying this is true but Shawn put a gear in his S2000 and all it did was make it rev faster..
seriously, its not a 5.0 mustang.
They run 13.9s stock, what do people with gears run?
There have been guys with just gears (4.77's) and exhaust running 13.1-13.3's. I had 4.77's, and it was pretty quick, but interstate driving sucked. So, I went to 4.44's. It was a good compromise between acceleration and gas milage.

Now I'm back to the stock 4.10's, and you can definitely tell a difference.

Mike, just buy my built 4.44 rear end.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

I'll look at the specs, pm me with your lowest price. But see, it'll be like...after feb til I can buy it (girls birthday and our 3 year anniversary this/next month so I'm fucked.)