Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The eye dr..........?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:55 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default The eye dr..........?

I have never had my eyes checked and here lately they have been giving me some problems and I figured I should get them checked out. My question is does it really matter if you go to beach eyecare vs the shop in walmart? I mean beach wants like $120 and walmart wants like $60. Do they do the same stuff at the cheaper places ? I mean they are all dr's right?

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 01-16-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:59 AM
toyota_aristo
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The eye dr..........?

As far as the eye exam, they pretty much do the same test to get your prescription. But the Walmart Dr. might not have a nice selection of glasses or contacts as opposed to other places, but you can always take your prescription where ever you'd like to get your glasses or contacts.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:01 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by toyota_aristo
As far as the eye exam, they pretty much do the same test to get your prescription. But the Walmart Dr. might not have a nice selection of glasses or contacts as opposed to the other places, but you can always take your prescription where ever you'd like to get your glasses or contacts.
I just want to get em checked to make sure I aint gots no glaucoma . And fill out my window tint waver form
Old 01-16-2010, 05:14 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

If you want to seriously get them done and you have health insurance, check that first .A lot of times your health insurance will fully cover eye checkups, you just have to go to an in-network dr.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:19 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

Originally Posted by RandomTask
If you want to seriously get them done and you have health insurance, check that first .A lot of times your health insurance will fully cover eye checkups, you just have to go to an in-network dr.
I dont have any . But thanks for the heads up
Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Reloaded
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I have never had my eyes checked and here lately they have been giving me some problems and I figured I should get them checked out. My question is does it really matter if you go to beach eyecare vs the shop in walmart? I mean beach wants like $120 and walmart wants like $60. Do they do the same stuff at the cheaper places ? I mean they are all dr's right?
I'd say in 95% of the cases it doesn't matter.

But I went to an eye doctor and was fitted with the wrong size contacts. Another doctor inthe office saw me and realized they weren't the correct size.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Thats about what I pay up here... I pay around 120 for a visit plus a year of contacts... But my doc. loads me up w/ rebates...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I just went to National Optometry by Lynnhaven Mall last Saturday for an exam. I go later today to pick up my new glasses.

My insurance covered everything, but they only charge $49 for an exam there and the Dr. is very good.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 AM
10seclx
Registered Member

10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx

if walmart does not diolate your eyes. then dont go cus a eye screening will only get your RX prescript were an eyedr will check eye presure and check for eye problems.