Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

G-Tech pro, anyone got one??

Old 12-06-2003, 11:05 AM
leolo007
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default G-Tech pro, anyone got one??

I have been considering getting one and was just wondering if anyone has one that can give me some feedback on it. You like? I read an article somewhere it said that it wasnt very accurate like 15hp different from a dyno but it was very consistent. So I figured dyno the car once for base hp and use gtech from then on and just add whatever difference there is between dyno and gtech. Also, the article didnt say anything about accuracy of 1/4mile times or anything else, does anyone have any info on it?
thanks!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:02 PM
B18Tuner
Modified 4 Member

B18Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy that I use to work with, had one. All I will say is, that it is kinda complicated to use. To get it to work properly, or calculate properly, you have to enter things such as the:
VEHICLE WEIGHT, TIRE SIZE, ENGINE TYPE, ENG. SIZE, and things like that, ( if i'm correct. ). He tried it half assed and said it was too complicated and haven't used it since.

Good luck with it.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:26 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Reading the instructions could help....lol

I have not used one though but I have been considering getting one to play around with.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:18 PM
BooztedSI
Fuk Hondas

BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI

i have one , its not too comlicated, you have to do a base cal, and it cals itself when you out it on the windshield. (centering axis) you do have to put in weight, rpm shiftpoints, g's, # of cylinders, and some other stuff, but other than that its pretty simple. Another thing, the road has to be flat with no turns (for closest readouts). they say to do 4 runs and average them and the numbers will be real close. You can also dload the software from gtechpro.com and look at all your plots n stuff on a computer.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:25 PM
leolo007
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007

So you got a vortech on your si?? how do you like. I have been considering a supercharger for my b18c, except its jdm so its got a 10.6 compression ratio and I dont know how much boost it can handle. I like the low end power of the jrsc though. Im undecided wether I want that or n/a, get some head work, cams, etc.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
99blackcivicsi

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leolo007
So you got a vortech on your si?? how do you like. I have been considering a supercharger for my b18c, except its jdm so its got a 10.6 compression ratio and I dont know how much boost it can handle. I like the low end power of the jrsc though. Im undecided wether I want that or n/a, get some head work, cams, etc.
Your fine with that compression man people turbo Type R's all the time it is all in the tuning dude you will be fine with a JRSC on you car go for it
Old 12-08-2003, 07:15 AM
BooztedSI
Fuk Hondas

BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI

i had a vortech, sold it to try turbo. vortech is pimp up high, and has less problems than the jrsc. its all in tuning. i have an aem ems for sale.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:45 AM
MGBRaceman
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I have the primitive G-tech, and it's always been lots of fun, as long as you have a good place to run. Still looking
Old 07-07-2004, 12:18 PM
8krdlne
I spit hot fire

8krdlne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G-Tech pro, anyone got one??

i have a gtech for sale, and it's not hard at all to use.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM
240dreams
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation
Default Re: G-Tech pro, anyone got one??

i have a hks turbo timer (type 1). show almost the same features but is more accurate b/c it reads off the ecu. not accelerometers or whatever.