Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

ADRENALINE AUTOWORKS

Old 05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
lilskud13
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up ADRENALINE AUTOWORKS

Just want to say I recommend Adrenaline to anyone!
Had my car tuned there this past week,and the customer service they provided was AMAZING!
When I arrived we found some minor problems such as a fuel leak from an injector o-ring,didnt have the correct spark plugs (which AA supplied me with a fresh set),unexpected CEL,and during the tune
found out my catylytic convertor was clogged.
I want to thank Dan for the help mechanically with no hesitation and also Matt Shue for doing an amazing tune!!!

*KEEP UP THE SPECTACULAR WORK*
Old 08-03-2013, 09:34 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Re: ADRENALINE AUTOWORKS

Gonna be getting my s2000's re-tuned here soon!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 PM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

thet are real good people...my buddies accord is in there right now hopefully getting built soon

lol old ass post but same deal
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM
z car go
Registered Member

z car go has disabled reputation

I guess I get to be the asshole here.

I took my old Z with Nistune in to get its first tune. I was told that it shouldn't take too long, one day to look the car over, and 3-4 hours to tune it. Sounded great. The tuner called me to ask me how high he should rev the car. Red flag. Shouldn't he have that knowledge already? Once that was figured out, an exhaust gasket or the flex pipe blew, I don't know which, because it wasn't communicated to me which was actually the problem. In fact, there wasn't much communication at all. Over the two week period that my car was there, I may have had two phone calls returned. Yes, two weeks. He said he had difficulties with this or that, and in the end, I ended up paying almost $800 for an exhaust leak fix, spark plugs that were replaced that I didn't ask for (they were brand new, and were thrown away), and a shitty tune that barely starts my car. When I went to pick up my car, it took them 20 minutes to bring me my car. I was advised that "it runs fine as soon as it warms up." I guess that is true, but getting it to start from cold is extremely difficult. It's rich as shit. Ridiculously rich. The wideband barely changes from 7.4, which is the lower limit. The timing in his tune didn't even match the timing on the car.

Adrenaline may be great for Hondas and all of the other cars that have common aftermarket support. If you have Nistune, you may want to look elsewhere. At the very least, I should have been advised to go somewhere else.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

Originally Posted by z car go
I guess I get to be the asshole here.

I took my old Z with Nistune in to get its first tune. I was told that it shouldn't take too long, one day to look the car over, and 3-4 hours to tune it. Sounded great. The tuner called me to ask me how high he should rev the car. Red flag. Shouldn't he have that knowledge already? Once that was figured out, an exhaust gasket or the flex pipe blew, I don't know which, because it wasn't communicated to me which was actually the problem. In fact, there wasn't much communication at all. Over the two week period that my car was there, I may have had two phone calls returned. Yes, two weeks. He said he had difficulties with this or that, and in the end, I ended up paying almost $800 for an exhaust leak fix, spark plugs that were replaced that I didn't ask for (they were brand new, and were thrown away), and a shitty tune that barely starts my car. When I went to pick up my car, it took them 20 minutes to bring me my car. I was advised that "it runs fine as soon as it warms up." I guess that is true, but getting it to start from cold is extremely difficult. It's rich as shit. Ridiculously rich. The wideband barely changes from 7.4, which is the lower limit. The timing in his tune didn't even match the timing on the car.

Adrenaline may be great for Hondas and all of the other cars that have common aftermarket support. If you have Nistune, you may want to look elsewhere. At the very least, I should have been advised to go somewhere else.
so YOU'RE car had shitty parts and no rev limiter and thats there fault.....they probably asked where you wanted it set at....any shop even theirs states that if you have shitty parts its not their fault........did you ever get the car back? was it tuned? did it run?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
markell27
Registered Member

markell27 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by b16EFsedan
so YOU'RE car had shitty parts and no rev limiter and thats there fault.....they probably asked where you wanted it set at....any shop even theirs states that if you have shitty parts its not their fault........did you ever get the car back? was it tuned? did it run?
Are you serious? "z car go" gave his personal review, from his personal experience with AA. Basically you're saying the customer has to have a very good understanding of their own equipment before going to a performance shop. God forbid a performance shop would inspect the car, review the parts on the car, make recommendations and voice concerns. I'd rather have a performance shop refuse services based on their concerns than give the car back and not running the way the customer was hoping for. Some people would call that integrity. I've got no horse in this race, but be realistic. Apparently you didn't even read about getting two phone calls returned in two weeks. I guess the customer asked "shitty" questions or called at a "shitty" time and it's not the shops fault.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
z car go
Registered Member

z car go has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by b16EFsedan
First of all, please learn English.

Second of all, I tried numerous times to communicate with them. This effort was not reciprocated. Not that I expect you to know what that means. On page fucking four of the Nistune tuning basics manual, it tells you that the actual timing of the car and the timing in the software MUST match. They did not. This is basic comprehension.

Did I get the car back? Yes. Was it tuned? It was tuned worse than when I gave it to them. Did it run? Not well at all.

The car does have a rev limiter, and you can change it with Nistune. He asked, quite literally, "how high is this car supposed to rev?"

None of the parts in my car are shitty. Yes, it's a shitty, busted looking old Z, but I've dumped a damn large amount of money into it.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
AdrenalineAuto
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

First of all.

When you brought your vehicle in, it didn't run, the calibration that was loaded in didn't even run the car.

The reason for asking you how high to set your rev limiter, is a basic question. When you were asked to explain what was done internally to the engine and what exactly it could handle power wise, where would be a safe redline for it. You didn't have an answer for me, other than my mechanic said it should make somewhere between 400-450whp no problem.

Sorry for asking "how high these engines rev stock?" Don't see to many 85 Z's.

I spent 3 hours calibrating the MAF cal in the vehicle because the scale was way off. The actual timing on the car was synced with the ignition table, mystifies me how it ended up off.

When your mechanic called to speak to me, and explained to me what exactly was internally in this 85Z if I remember correctly, that was the first time I received any input on what was done to the car.

You had heat range 5 or 6 spark plugs in the vehicle, gapped at .35+. The vehicle broke up past 3000rpm. That's when you got the correct heat range spark plugs installed, and they were gapped correctly, if I remember .20-.22

Then let's talk on timeline. You told me for 3 months in a row, you were going to drop it off. When you finally did, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to it right away. Since at that point I didn't even expect the car to show up. So I fit it in the schedule the best I could.

Then after spending the first day on it, and fixing a lot of issues and having the flex-pipe blow out that connects the headers together(factory headers, where driver side had been modified to fit a turbo flange/wastegate flange) I contacted you to tell you the issue, you told me you had another one, and brought it a couple of days later.

I then got it on the dyno again, to finish it up, to find out that the nistune had no speed sensor input, which puts the ecu into limp mode(early rev limit under load) a hidden parameter that cannot be changed. This vehicle has a cable driven speedometer.

So finally I got the car running well warm, and you got charged $800.00 to spend 2-3 days on the dyno, spark plugs, and a flex pipe(2-3 hours of labor) to be replaced which is located at the firewall under the intake manifold. I told you that the speed sensor issue would need to be fixed, to finish the car.

Also I spoke to you more then 5 times myself personally, 3 times to your mechanic, during the long 2 week period.

The only question I really have is how is your car running at a 7:1 AFR, and why did you not voice any of the cold start concerns to me first. The car wasn't even finished, and you were told that it needed a speed sensor input to be finished.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, and I feel that any of your problems could have been resolved if you contacted me, and finished the car, so I could finish my part.

Phil
Old 09-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Boom.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
markell27
Registered Member

markell27 has disabled reputation

z car go - you just got told...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVTksxZMOA don't post BS

Quick Reply: ADRENALINE AUTOWORKS