Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anyone with AEM EMS want to make a couple bucks?

Old 05-09-2010 | 05:16 PM
hurtgen
Registered Member

hurtgen has disabled reputation
Default Anyone with AEM EMS want to make a couple bucks?

looking for someone who knows how to work with AEM EMS. I want to learn how to do a basic street tune. I'm in Newport News. If interested please shoot me an email or post on this thread. Setup is turbo s2000. basically just doing this to learn the system for my own personal fun, and to have it drivable for a safe drive to a local shop for a dyno tune. It currently has the original tune from when the turbo was installed, but since i changed my map sensor, it hasn't been running well. Thanks. -Joe

sir.joseph.burns@gmail.com

Last edited by hurtgen; 05-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2010 | 05:28 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with AEM EMS want to make a couple bucks?

If you change the MAP sensor, you will need to change a few comp tables to make it read the new sensor properly. If you have a boost comp style config, you'll need to rescale the boost comp table, and also you'll need to make sure your VE, and more importantly, timing maps, are still scaled properly. It's pretty easy to do.
Old 05-10-2010 | 01:51 PM
hurtgen
Registered Member

I wish you were closer to Newport News. How do I go about doing so? Is there a write-up that you're aware of from someone who has done the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated. -Joe
Old 05-10-2010 | 02:53 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I'm only a couple hours away... The changes literally only take a few minutes though. "boost fuel correct" under fuel trims is the boost compensation. It's % fuel added or removed based on boost/vacuum. Usually 100-104% per 1 bar in each direction works well. You need to adjust it based on what the MAP sensor is. Then you just need to fix your timing map since changing the sensors will fuck the scalings all up.
Old 05-10-2010 | 03:05 PM
hurtgen
Registered Member

Dude, I want to chill with you sometime. lol. Could we meet up sometime this week or something? I'll drive up there and pay you to "tutor" me or whatever works for you. I am very interested in this but I learn by hands-on practice. Let me know if we can work something out. Is this something you could tell me to do over the phone? -Joe
Old 05-10-2010 | 09:45 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Haha I'll have to wait till it gets closer to the weekend and see what my schedule is looking like. My usual response to that is that I'm a tuner not a teacher. But I usually pass on honda tuning, since I don't like them.. so we might be able to work something out. I come to 757 here and there to tune and lots of people from there come up here. It's not too far. E-mail would work better than the phone, if you want to E-mail me your before and after cal I can fix the MAP sensor settings for you.