Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Williamsburg: King's Creek Plantation - Vacation Ownership presentation?? Scam?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
professorman
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Default Williamsburg: King's Creek Plantation - Vacation Ownership presentation?? Scam?

Has anyone here ever done the King's Creek Plantation in Williamsburg, Vacation Ownership presentation?

This is one of those offers that sounded too good to be true type of deals. They say that I attend a 90 minute presentation, I am guessing about time share, and they they give me a $100 gas card and a round trip ticket and hotel for 3 nights at some popular travel destinations.

I know there must be a catch somewhere, but I figure I can go check it out and see what it is about and if anything in this is legitimate. I have seen them advertising free tickets to Bush Gardens and such before. The telemarketer just called me out of the blue and offered me. I was trying to hang up, but stuck around on the call until I booked an appointment.

Anyone have any experiences with these sort of things?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
OhShift!
Registered member

OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift!
Default Re: Williamsburg: King's Creek Plantation - Vacation Ownership presentation?? Scam?

When my family and I moved to VA, we were at some restaurant in Williamsburg. As we left the place, people from King's Creek Plantation approached us and said if we went to the presentation we would get a 4 pack of season tickets to Busch Gardens.

We went, sat down, and listened to the speel. At the end the presenter stood up, said, anyone who is interested goto room A. Anyone who is just here for the tickets, go to the main lobby.

We went to the main lobby, stood in line. Got ticket. Enjoyed Busch for the year. And they had snacks. Granted this was 8 years ago, so it may have changed since then.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Twelvz
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz
Default Re: Williamsburg: King's Creek Plantation - Vacation Ownership presentation?? Scam?

The catch is...the 90 minute presentation (which can certainly take longer) is a high pressure sales enviornment. Don't buy what their selling. You really don't have to pay for a timeshare. You can find ones already for sale where you just have to pay the transfer fee and keep up with teh annual dues.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 AM
B14SERClone
Registered Member

B14SERClone has disabled reputation

As Twelvz said, it's definetely a high pressure sales environment. If you can just remember that you're only there for the free stuff, you will be allright. But it's really easy to get sucked into the speal and buy something you had no intentions of getting!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM
kick rox
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by Twelvz
The catch is...the 90 minute presentation (which can certainly take longer) is a high pressure sales enviornment. Don't buy what their selling. You really don't have to pay for a timeshare. You can find ones already for sale where you just have to pay the transfer fee and keep up with teh annual dues.
Originally Posted by B14SERClone
As Twelvz said, it's definetely a high pressure sales environment. If you can just remember that you're only there for the free stuff, you will be allright. But it's really easy to get sucked into the speal and buy something you had no intentions of getting!

/thread.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I've done it, they were giving away $150 in a visa gift card and some $50 gift certificate to a restaurant. Told the guy repeatedly I was not interested in buying and after about 45 min of me saying "no" they finally gave up and lemme go.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Twelvz
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

When we did one right before we walked into the sales pitch room we walked by a 911 Turbo...I was like you shouldn't let that car park there I'm saving my money for one of those instead.