Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Selling junk cars in 757

Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Cjenk029
Leroyyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cjenk029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling junk cars in 757

I'm looking to junk a car of mine here in the 757, and I'm looking into my options. Some offer cash, some can pick up the car for free / some give you less money if they tow it, some offer tax breaks / are a charitable donation, etc. So basically I'm doing some research on my own to find the best way to junk my car, get the most value out of it, and the easiest route to go.

With that, at this time I'm looking for any input or personal experience. As the process goes on, I'll update this thread with my findings, and tell you who I went with and how my experience was so it can help people in the future.

I'll start making a list of places I've dealt with, their offer, and any important info to go along with it
-Pick-n-Pull offered me $215 if I dropped the car off, and $165 if it was picked up. They required not only the title, but the person on the title to be present with a photo I.D.

Last edited by Cjenk029; 07-19-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Selling junk cars in 757

MOST people that are in the junk buisness arent going to give you more than $125 for the tbird even though it may be running and driving, its just not worth alot right now in metal (because the price of metal is down pretty low) . The cat prices are down and on top of that domestic cats arent worth a whole lot.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Cjenk029
Leroyyy

Good info to have, thanks. I considered parting it out myself for maximum value, but I just want this shit gone for real. I am about to call around to some other places, but one place I called offered $300
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Id put it on CL
Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

better call the place back that offered $300. thats a damn good deal.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Actually I just crushed my old Eclipse and got just under $300 for it. Now I did it smart though. I took off the valuable metal from it and cashed it in separately.

IE: (aluminum, copper, etc). like the radiator, cylinder head, A/C parts.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM
all4sr's
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

ehh, they may have offered $300, but alot of times they'll show up and try to talk you down to half of that, me and a couple friends have been junking cars alot this year(getting them for free and just calling junk places), and they're all pretty shitty. Also, alot of those places require that you have a title to go with the car, just FYI if you didn't already know.

You'd probably profit ALOT more if you just part it all out, if you part it out, you can clean up each indicidual part and make them look new/like new again and fetch an okay price for them.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

Well I towed mine and didn't do it here. I did it before I left. This was about a month ago and the price was $8.50 per 100 on cars.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Cjenk029
Leroyyy

Originally Posted by all4sr's
ehh, they may have offered $300, but alot of times they'll show up and try to talk you down to half of that, me and a couple friends have been junking cars alot this year(getting them for free and just calling junk places), and they're all pretty shitty. Also, alot of those places require that you have a title to go with the car, just FYI if you didn't already know.

You'd probably profit ALOT more if you just part it all out, if you part it out, you can clean up each indicidual part and make them look new/like new again and fetch an okay price for them.
Yeah, that was the original plan. I just parted out an integra though, and just bought a new car, so I'm ready for this long ass process to be completely over with, and I can just enjoy my new car. I also lost 90% interest in working on cars, especially in this fucking heat, so if I'm doing ANYTHING I'm washing / detailing my new car, rather than ripping apart an old piece of shit.

The motor is worth a decent amount. I'm calling pick n pull places too, the car isn't complete junk. I'm pretty sure it's the 5.0 mustang motor, idk how many 5.0 v8's Ford had in the 90's though.

Also the $300 was if I drove it there. Closer to $225 if they picked it up.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

If they give you $225 and pick it up go for it. Worth the amount of time you will spend getting it to where ever its going.

Quick Reply: Selling junk cars in 757