Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WRX Tuners! (all help welcome)

Old 12-24-2003 | 06:38 AM
BlazeWRX
Thai Silk

BlazeWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WRX Tuners! (all help welcome)

Does anybody how complicated installing STi 550cc high impedance injectors and 255lph fuel pump is? I want to install it myself and I figure the installation of a fuel rail is pretty easy. WRX Wrencher is going to be helping me out.
Thanks for your help, maybe I will see some of yall at the next scooby meet to check out the stage 4. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
Old 12-25-2003 | 03:55 AM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

The install is pretty easy, not hard at all. Good luck and hope to see your car out there!
Old 12-25-2003 | 05:00 AM
Fobby
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

damn let me know how it goes so when i get my sti injectors i can do it to
Old 12-25-2003 | 07:35 AM
silverscooby

silverscooby is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that can be a pain in regards to the injectors are the green brackets. Everything else is pretty strait forward. Just be sure to keep track of all the rubber rings that go with the injectors. Fuel leaks in the engine bay are baaaaad!

Check out TurboXS's site for install instructions of their Stage 4 kit. Since their stage 4 includes both the Sti injectors and a walbro fuel pump you will find the instuctions here.

http://www.turboxs.com/Stage%204%20I...structions.htm
Old 12-26-2003 | 04:28 PM
The Jew
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

Hey blaze, which turbo and intercooler are you gonna run. When its ready I wanna ride!
Old 12-27-2003 | 03:44 AM
BlazeWRX
Thai Silk

I am looking at the IHI VF34 or the APS SR40 ball-bearing. I think the APS turbo can handle more power. I am also running a used APS TMI that I am buying from WRXWrencher, he wants to go and get a FMI. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 12-27-2003 | 06:42 AM
silverscooby

silverscooby is an unknown quantity at this point

I would stick with the VF series ( VF30 or VF34 ) over the SR40. The SR50 is another story, but might be too laggy for most people. In the dyno's I've seen, the SR40 doesnt make enough power over the VF34 to warrant the price.

IMO, I would try and get ahold of one of Forced Performance's 18g's. Mine cost $799 which is still cheaper than a VF30, VF34, or a SR40. Even a 16g turbo which you can now get from a number of sources is superior to a VF34/SR40.

Last edited by silverscooby; 12-27-2003 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2003 | 07:27 AM
BlazeWRX
Thai Silk

APS says the SR40 turbo makes 440hp and MatroWRX sells the VF30 or VF34 for $759, thanks for the info. I just love the products APS makes!
Old 12-27-2003 | 07:30 AM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

i would love to see someone upgrade there wrx and not use an ihi turbo... i really think what holds these cars back is the teeny turbos people use. internal wastegates are crap.. little turbos run out of breathe. its kind of like eclipses and 16'g. everyone upgrades to 16's and 20g's but why.. the turbo is still too small. the game is how much air you can move {cfm} and at what tempature. boost is really the most irrelavant measure of a turbos output... it doesnt tell you anything. only reason for a boost guage is just to make sure nothing is going wrong in the system and boost is being held stable. if your moving 3x the amount of air at half the boost level as before you are still going to make way more power..... then again if the rubo pushes more air then the engine can digest u get compressor surge..not good

if anyone out there has a wrx they want to make FAST. id be willing to help them along in there journey at no cost. im sure alot of you have no idea who i am... but im a good person to know if you are looking to exceed 400hp.
Old 12-27-2003 | 08:04 AM
BlazeWRX
Thai Silk

It seems like alot of WRX owners put parts on their cars out of personal preferrences or by company stage kits, I know many kits and parts are dyno proven and good quality so no hating here. I am going for APS(look at their site!) because they use their parts to race, not to sell products. MRT is also another good company.
Just to reinforce my statement I have a great example. I bought a HKS downpipe and it is nothing but a larger diameter pipe and blocks the waste gate exit just like the stock unit. It seems like HKS put together a product just to sell the name. Other companies have downpipes that collect the exhaust and waste gate or a splitter in the pipe like the Perrin model.
Besides, IHI turbo's are stock components in the RA Spec STi's, who wants stock?

Quick Reply: WRX Tuners! (all help welcome)