Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turboing a stock 96 accord

Old 10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
civicfreak1985
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicfreak1985 has disabled reputation
Default turboing a stock 96 accord

i want to turbo my stock 96 accord is there any changes i need to make like fuel pump or injectors or anything at the matter ?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Blindside
under your stairs

Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside
Default Re: turboing a stock 96 accord

Bro, it's cheaper to just drive around and go pssssssssshh every time you shift.

Quoted:
Originally Posted by civicfreak1985
i want to turbo my stock 96 accord is there any changes i need to make like fuel pump or injectors or anything at the matter ?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
silverdino
Registered Member

silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino

civicfreak1985 meet www.google.com
Old 10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Nunyabidness
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by Blindside
Bro, it's cheaper to just drive around and go pssssssssshh every time you shift.

Quoted:
^LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
zeeartist09
Registered Member

zeeartist09 has disabled reputation

Quoted:
Thats some funny shit.

Originally Posted by silverdino
civicfreak1985 meet www.google.com
You should start reading. That would help ALOT
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
FObangah
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

I wouldn't change anything "at the matter" level, molecularly is another thing though........j/k

google is your friend but being that this is a place for tech questions and you posted it in the right place;
While the internet is awesome and there are plenty of people that have boosted stock Accords online, nothing beats personal experience. Do some research into what it takes to boost any NON turbo car and the same will apply to yours. If thats to much work, buy a turbo kit from a reputable company, one that has fuel management needs already included in there kit or purchase someone else's "pieced together" kit that they have already ran and ask them what they did for fuel management. I'm sure your next question will be about how reliable it is to boost your stock motor. With the right tune and a lighter then usual foot, a stock motor can last a long time. Beware though, adding boost to your car is like taking steroids, it will shrink your penis.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

There is lots of TRUTH in this statement.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
erik02
Registered Member

erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02

My first recommendation (and I have asked a similar question myself many years ago) is to go out and purchase Corky Bell's Maximum Boost. Dropping thirty dollars and reading that book can save you a blown motor, or even an unfinished project. My suggestion, like many others, is to check out a Honda forum. You will find much more information specific to your car/engine there, and to answer your question, depending on hp goals, you may need to upgrade injectors and fuel pump. Please take a look at this and input ( a realistic) hp number and number of cylinders to get a better understanding. http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4
Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Hijacker
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker

Originally Posted by erik02
My first recommendation (and I have asked a similar question myself many years ago) is to go out and purchase Corky Bell's Maximum Boost.
+1 for best book ever written. It's a bit old, but I would never call it dated.

Now this is also my personal preference, but I dislike the open deck design of most Honda 4 bangers. It has the potential for cylinder deformation at higher levels of boost (granted the pistons would melt first if the bottom end was left alone). I've just always preferred closed deck designs, but then again I don't mess with Honda motors.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Quick Reply: turboing a stock 96 accord