Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Electrical Problem

Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Buddha.
Rub my belly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.
Default Electrical Problem

If you cant HELP or give INFO, then please dont bash my thread and act like KIDS, you will be reported.

Ok, I bought a 94 Civic DX coupe the past weekend for a DD, The main problem is the whole dash doesnt work and lights.

Things that work
-Head Lights
-Inside light
-Radio turns on but doenst play anything at all

Things that DONT work,
-Gauge Cluster doesn't work.
-Corner Lights Doesn't work, Only when i turn my emergency lights on.
-Rear Taillights doesn't stay on, only when i brake.

Changed ALL fuses so thats not it, what can it be? under dash harness? something not plugged in correctly? please help!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Electrical Problem

Check that the underhood fuses and fusible links are good. Also take a multimeter and see if you have voltage at the fuse for each of the faulty circuits. If you voltage, the problem is on the load side of the fuse. If you don't have voltage, the problem is between the fuse and the battery (so keep tracing toward the battery).

Changing fuses doesn't do anything helpful if the fuse isn't the problem. Time for real troubleshooting, not just fingers-crossed part replacement.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:33 AM
FObangah
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Check that the underhood fuses and fusible links are good. Also take a multimeter and see if you have voltage at the fuse for each of the faulty circuits. If you voltage, the problem is on the load side of the fuse. If you don't have voltage, the problem is between the fuse and the battery (so keep tracing toward the battery).

Changing fuses doesn't do anything helpful if the fuse isn't the problem. Time for real troubleshooting, not just fingers-crossed part replacement.
+1

Also take into consideration any work that might have been performed on the car at and around the time this problem started. For example: Did you install anything with an electrical connection or something that had to be patched in? Did you get the car already modded? Really just use your brain, it could be something obvious that you just aren't taking into consideration.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Buddha.
Rub my belly

Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

Originally Posted by FObangah
+1

Also take into consideration any work that might have been performed on the car at and around the time this problem started. For example: Did you install anything with an electrical connection or something that had to be patched in? Did you get the car already modded? Really just use your brain, it could be something obvious that you just aren't taking into consideration.
will do, i also forgot to mention, it looks like the guy converted it to manual, since the gauge cluster is original and it has no rpms.
but i will do what you guys told me to do, and see if anything works. thanks guys
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Oh boy, this could get interesting if someone has been messing around doing conversions like that.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Buddha.
Rub my belly

something could not be plugged in thats causing all this, either way i might just buy a under dash harness and new gauge cluster. if that doesnt solve it then FML. lol
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Buttsechs
chpinalthewomensmeat

Buttsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the rough

dx's dont come with tachs, auto or man. mine didn't, but they are wired so you can slap one in without modding anything if you'd like.

Last edited by Buttsechs; 10-06-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Buddha.
Rub my belly

Originally Posted by Buttsechs
dx's dont come with tachs, auto or man. mine didn't, but they are wired so you can slap one in without modding anything if you'd like.
never knew that, kinda weird, thanks for the info. but yeah im going to take off the dash rewire everything and make sure nothings cut, then install a si gauge cluster. if this didnt solve the problem then idk.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Buttsechs
chpinalthewomensmeat

Buttsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the rough

i've done some looking around and i saw on h-t that some guy had the same probleme, said it was a red and black wire from the fuse box

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2592335
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Buddha.
Rub my belly

Originally Posted by Buttsechs
i've done some looking around and i saw on h-t that some guy had the same probleme, said it was a red and black wire from the fuse box

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2592335
damn this might rap it up, i'll try this when i get off work tonight. thanks a lot man!

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem