Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Most stubborn tie rod ever! HALP!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 AM
ProbeGT-ZE
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Most stubborn tie rod ever! HALP!

I've done thousands of tie rods but this one takes the cake. It's on my '95 Integra LS. Funny part about it is that I took it off when I did the engine swap and I left it loose when I put the car back on the ground to prep other parts of the car. I pick the car back up and take the nut off to put the new axle in (prior to putting the car on the ground the previous engine was removed) and now I can't free the outer tie rod from the knuckle. I've torched it, I've hammered the piss out of it and it still no dice. Looking to see if any of you fine people could lend a guy a hand, or some ideas, so I can get my car back on the ground. I'm in the Chesapeake area close to Greenbrier.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Most stubborn tie rod ever! HALP!

a ball joint separator will work also
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
ProbeGT-ZE
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

I'll go rent one. I have a 3 arm puller and that didn't do jack.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 AM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
I've done thousands of tie rods but this one takes the cake. It's on my '95 Integra LS. Funny part about it is that I took it off when I did the engine swap and I left it loose when I put the car back on the ground to prep other parts of the car. I pick the car back up and take the nut off to put the new axle in (prior to putting the car on the ground the previous engine was removed) and now I can't free the outer tie rod from the knuckle. I've torched it, I've hammered the piss out of it and it still no dice. Looking to see if any of you fine people could lend a guy a hand, or some ideas, so I can get my car back on the ground. I'm in the Chesapeake area close to Greenbrier.
Don't you mean "blast" ? lol just say fuck it and remove the tire rod all together and replace it.....
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
ProbeGT-ZE
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Fuuuu--- I guess I will have to do that if this other tool doesn't take it off.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM
ProbeGT-ZE
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Rented a front end tool kit and got it off. Now I have to grind down the part that I mushroomed to take it off FML. At least it's off and I can put the car back on the ground again.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
cbradio
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

There was a video on youtube I saw a few weeks ago of a guy who put a wrench between the knuckle and the tie rod while the car was in the air, then let the car down slowly and let the weight of the car pop the joint out. I'll post back when I find it
Old 11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
CVPI 00
Registered Member

CVPI 00 has disabled reputation

Try a ten year old rusted on one on a crown vic thats a bitch. Northern cars FTL.