Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

First U.S. ad for FIAT 500

Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default First U.S. ad for FIAT 500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXdaVgRysmE&feature=player_embedded Less gimmicky bs, more of the car. I am wondering how it will be received in the market here. The commercial is like something Starbucks would put together, imo, but who knows. . .

It is certainly different for the U.S., but wildly popular in Europe and the UK, as it was in it's original release in 1957.

FIAT has also come a long way from the Fix It Again Tony lemon cars some were plagued as.

Much more fun to watch, though I don't speak Guido
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT2fWcfkqeg&feature=player_embedded#! cool lil "micro"car, imo.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: First U.S. ad for FIAT 500

lol that might be the worst commercial put out by a major car company throughout recent history, can anyone think of a worse one? It says nothing about the car's specs, price, release, nothing but some stock film of a 500 driving surrounded by clips that have nothing to do with the car or the company at all.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
lol that might be the worst commercial put out by a major car company throughout recent history, can anyone think of a worse one? It says nothing about the car's specs, price, release, nothing but some stock film of a 500 driving surrounded by clips that have nothing to do with the car or the company at all.
you are 100% correct, lol. All they did was make it look pretty and string together a bunch of shit/ideals. That being said, I am still curious as to how it will be received.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
CRANKWALK
®egistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

"ad" looks like something they would play at a corporate sales conference
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Would I buy one based on that commercial? Hell no, would I buy one based on what I've seen they're capable of? In a heartbeat. But I'm with TATT, my guess is that at $15.5k for a base model 500 I'm thinking it'll cut into the market of more traditional "chick cars" like the Beetle, Jetta, and Mini. I built one on their website to pretty high standards for optionals (Bluetooth, Bose system, even standalone WiFi) for like 18k. Maybe I'm crazy but my favorite part is the interior choices where you can choose for the top and bottom half of the seatback to be in different colors to correspond with the headliner, and the steering wheel matches too. Maybe I'm just insanely OCD but the fact that my headliner doesn't match the rest of my interior bugs me really bad.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the base is more in the 13's. I do like the customization of the model. but still much prefer the styling of the MINI. Still, a much better econobox then some of the shit out there.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I think the base is more in the 13's. I do like the customization of the model. but still much prefer the styling of the MINI. Still, a much better econobox then some of the shit out there.
the site says 15, but they could be including tax and destination and whatever fees are entailed.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM
yanko 15
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

i want one
Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
The real Ryan
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Yeah all that commercial says to me is; If you have a shit ton of money and can do awesome shit all day and go to cool places all the time and completely avoid reality, then you should buy a FIAT!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

looks like a Mini fucked a vw beetle.

Quick Reply: First U.S. ad for FIAT 500