Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SR turbo setups.....???????? 350RWHP? On a budget.....

Old 01-20-2004, 06:56 PM
RatedV
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SR turbo setups.....???????? 350RWHP? On a budget.....

I read something on Zilvia.net that would bennefit all the users here too so im callin greaser out to explain some more.....I really need help.........

-Jeff

Originally posted by Greaser somewhere......

GT2835: If this turbo is actually what I described above (check to make sure
before you buy), this should be a pretty good turbo. Get the 56 trim
compressor wheel and the 90 trim turbine wheel with a .86 A/R turbine
housing. This should make good boost by 3500 RPM and should support 375-400
or so wheel hp.

Stage 3 T3/T04E hybrid. Get the 50 trim compressor wheel, and only the 50
trim compressor wheel. Get the .63 A/R turbine housing for boost response
by 3500 RPM. This will support about 320 whp. Get the .82 A/R turbine
housing is you can live with full boost ~800 RPM later. This will support
~400 whp.

I want 350WHP on a budget which one is gonna perform better and what supporting mods?

Thanks guys......

Also any imput on a hybris T25/28?

-Jeff

Last edited by RatedV; 01-20-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:09 PM
KenVT
Registered Member

KenVT is an unknown quantity at this point

How tight is your budget? To get about 350rwhp, i'd suggest you have bigger injectors (550cc or more), reprogram your ecu (JWT or jap ecu), Z32 mafs and thicker headgasket for higher boost and probably an aftermarket intake mani. I might have left something out. Of course, assuming you would have had FMIC, RAS and other basic SR swap parts already. As for which turbo, they both are great. I've seen many with both kinds producing good number. So take your pick. Oh, may i suggest TD06-20G. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:48 PM
mpg9999

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your on a budget, go with the T3/TO4E with those exact specs listed. Go with the .63, it will get you to 350. That garrett GT turbo will be much more expensive. You will pretty much need what kenvt said, except you can do without the headgasket and intake manifold.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

you gonna need
550's with 50psi static fuel pressure
fuel/ignition control
fuel pump
fmic
log manifold
external wg
turbo

things that will make that 350 more easy to obtain are Greddy Intake, HKS Step 2 cams or JWT S4 cams.

but yes the GT turbo will be twice as much as the Garret. The GT turbo will respond better than any old school garret design, spool up quicker and last a little longer. Actually any T04e trim compressor will work on an SR. 350 hp is gonna be up in the 15-20psi range which a stock sr20 will handle on the daily for about 2 years.

check out my tec II for sale!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

my 357rwhp recipe was as follows

stock SR20 block
JWT S4 cams
Greddy intake manifold
spearco FMIC
Log manifold
HKS WG
HKS GT3037s
TEC II standalone
720's
3" DP to 2.5" exhaust
toda flywheel
15psi on pump gas

went 11.44@119 in a 2300lb coupe
Old 01-21-2004, 05:45 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

heres another setup......360rwhp @20psi

fully stock SR20 (block, head, intake manifold)

550's
SDS standalone
FMIC
log manifold
Tial WG
Turbonetics T4 (forget compressor/turbine trims)
2.5" exhaust
Old 01-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Heres one more

352rwhp @12psi

11:1 compression Built SR20
JWT S4 cams
Greddy intake manifold
spearco FMIC
Log manifold
HKS WG
HKS GT3037s
TEC II standalone
720's
3" DP no exhaust
toda flywheel

FYI, this is the motor that went 457rwhp @20psi and trapped in the 130's. my 400hp motor trapped 123 and went 10.91. who knows what the 457 motor woulda done.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

anytime you go cams, you gotta up the compression or raise boost. thats why i made a shitload of power with the cams and the high compression then lost power once i went to a stock low compression block.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

OR heres my 361rwhp @15psi KA24DET recipe

Tec II
T4/T04e 50trim
greaser exhaust manifold
HKS WG
720's @30psi
S13 KA cams
greaser port and polish head
9:1 Wiesco pistons
CAI
3" DP with WG to 2.5" exhaust
spearco FMIC
Old 01-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

250rwhp @10psi KA24DET

the 360 setup MINUS

5psi
wiesco pistons
Greaser port and polished head
720's

went 12.80@109 with slicks in a 2910lb S14

Quick Reply: SR turbo setups.....???????? 350RWHP? On a budget.....