Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

RVA motorcycle riders...

Old 04-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default RVA motorcycle riders...

Anyone know a decent shop in the Richmond area that sells gear and apparel? Looking at some boots and prefer to find a place where I can try them on. Normally I bought all of my and my wife's gear on kneedraggers.com.

However, my boot/shoe sizes vary so much much I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning stuff back to kneedraggers.com

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Scottyk6
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: RVA motorcycle riders...

I have the same problem as you. I really don't believe there are any gear shops on this side of the peninsula other than the Cycle Gear. Sad, but true. Your best bet is to probably do a lot of research and order what you think will fit. But I am hoping someone will prove me wrong and post a place, because I sure as hell would like to check it out.

I just purchased a pair of boots. Went with A* S-MX 5 boots, a half size bigger than I would normally get so it would fit me. It's still a bit snug, but I'm just gonna have to deal with it. I had to take the insole out of one boot because apparently one of my feet is thicker than the other! Haha. But I feel much better after taking the one insole out.

Good luck. I wonder if there are any in D.C. You may just have to do some traveling.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Yep. I will be in Maryland next month so maybe I will check to see if there are some shops and stop in while I am there.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
94integnva
Registered Member

94integnva has disabled reputation

We need a good gear shop around here.. sprockets went to shit a long time ago and just not around like talk about if any1 knows of a store please let us all know im sure it will benifit the company alot
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Yeah now they have 1/4 of the gear/stuff they used to have because it is filled with Yamaha's.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
94integnva
Registered Member

94integnva has disabled reputation

Yea i know right... they deff would be making a killing keeping it the old way.. their a shop in hampton from what i hear but im not driving all that ways for one thing and hoping they had my size... i agree with the internet also my cusin just order the alpinestar stunt and they sent the wrong size Mitch very common and a huge pain in the. @$$
Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

I want to put a good word out for Honda House/Sprockets on W Broad. I have bought some of my helmets and gloves from there in the past. I bought some riding boots Saturday and when I got home, found a defect with one of the buckles. I should have tried both on, but I did not. Of course this was after they closed. Went in this morning, and they offered to order a new buckle, or to replace/exchange. So I ended up swapping them out but got a different type of shoe/boot. No questions asked.

Also they price match on current year stuff as well. I paid the same price for my boots as I would have with many online places and no shipping.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Tainty_McFshStx
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Someone fund me and I will open up shop.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Ha ha ha.