Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Parking near MCV

Old 04-11-2011 | 04:20 AM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Parking near MCV

I have a friend who will be in MCV for a few weeks and I'll be visiting on a regular basis. My truck is just barely too tall for MCV's parking garage (truck is 7', parking garage says 6'8") so I need somewhere else to park. Any suggestions for legal parking without walking 5 miles?

And no, I'm not letting air out of the tires just to fit in the parking garage.
Old 04-11-2011 | 04:24 AM
NismoPowerdQG
Registered Member

NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation
Default Re: Parking near MCV

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
I have a friend who will be in MCV for a few weeks and I'll be visiting on a regular basis. My truck is just barely too tall for MCV's parking garage (truck is 7', parking garage says 6'8") so I need somewhere else to park. Any suggestions for legal parking without walking 5 miles?

And no, I'm not letting air out of the tires just to fit in the parking garage.
man it sounds like your about fucked. two inches to tall?!?! that is just plain ol bad luck haha. I dont think you could even park on the side of the street if your saying how big your truck is. You may have to find a parking lot and take the city bus to MCV
Old 04-11-2011 | 07:41 AM
WHAT NITROUS

5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts

Park in the pay lot across from john marshall court house. its 1 dollar an hour up to 4 hours mcv is 2 blocks from that lot. You can always park on the street for 50 cents an hour for up to 2 hours. If you need to park all day there are 5 dollars lots near jsarg this puts you 5 blocks or so away from mcv.
Old 04-11-2011 | 07:42 AM
Scotty_Nooo
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by 5177
Park in the pay lot across from john marshall court house. its 1 dollar an hour up to 4 hours mcv is 2 blocks from that lot. You can always park on the street for 50 cents an hour for up to 2 hours. If you need to park all day there are 5 dollars lots near jsarg this puts you 5 blocks or so away from mcv.
THIS
Old 04-11-2011 | 03:25 PM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by NismoPowerdQG
man it sounds like your about fucked. two inches to tall?!?! that is just plain ol bad luck haha. I dont think you could even park on the side of the street if your saying how big your truck is. You may have to find a parking lot and take the city bus to MCV
There's 12 inches in a foot...4" too tall.

I saw a couple of F250's in the parking garage, but I didn't look at the roof to see how bad they were scraped up. Mine only has a leveling kit, but it's also a crew cab so the wheelbase is longer and makes it more difficult to move around. Parking on the street is not that big a deal as long as there is enough room, but I really hate parallel parking due to the battle scars that you see on everyone's bumpers.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.
Old 04-11-2011 | 03:36 PM
DOOM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

x2!!!!
Old 04-12-2011 | 02:15 PM
U.Mad?
rubbin' & dubbin'

U.Mad? has disabled reputation

I'm not sure if your familiar with the area, but on Clay & Marshall street a few blocks away from MCV there are streets were you can park all day and night long.. weeks even except each side has "street cleaning", which is 2 hours a day, once a week for each side.