Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What to do...what to do....

Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 PM
pieisgude
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude
Question What to do...what to do....

Alright, it's a good time to start planning for the summer. At least i think so. I'll be going to Western after i graduate, so i'll be chillin at home, and working, hopefully making some decent cash. Now, here's my dilemma, i want so many things, but in reality, i can only have one, if that. As of now, my plan is just to add a little to my car, here or there, and save some money for something bigger. Options:

1: Just go all out on the SC. Buy an LSD, seats, exhaust, and then work towards a 2JZ/1JZ-GTE swap....blah blah blah..

2: Buy another car, and build that up. Of course i'll keep the SC. I'd be looking into a 200SX, or a Datsun 510. Possibly an old Celica.

3: Pick up a Chevy 350, tear it down and build it up. Kind of an educational thing for myself, just to have one, and then eventually shoe-horn it into my SC...kinda iffy on this one, but yeah, it'd be cool.

4: Buy a motorcycle. Always wanted one. I'd prob try to buy a new one too, and just get it financed through one of my parents...

5: Get a Ruckus. Yeah, i know. But they're just so damm cool to me. And since i'll be around here for 2 years, it'd be nice on gas and keeps wear and tear off the SC since i live less than 5 minutes away from Western by car.

I'm open for opinions, and i just want to hear what you guys have to say. I asked my little brother and he said to get a Ruckus. I secretly think he wants one...

Carlo
Old 04-22-2011, 06:25 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: What to do...what to do....

Save your money and get a job, then worry about toys and shit. Just because you are getting out of school doesn't mean you will have a job, especially making the money you think you are going to make.

There is always time to play later, keep your ass covered and build a little cushion until you get on your feet.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Stay away from bikes for a while. You're young. Enjoy cars for a bit longer and get into bikes later. I used to stunt streetbikes for a living. You have plenty of time.

I say stick with what you've got. It's an excellent platform and you'll learn a lot. Buy seats, and LSD, then work on the swap. Don't worry about another car until the swap, then get a fuel efficient beater. You never want to stretch your resources out too far, so it's good to stick with one project for a long while. You'll learn a lot, and you never really will ever get the same joy as you'll get working on your first good car, and you've got one.

BTW, what motor is in it now?

P.S. Tatt has some good advice there. You have no rush at all. I say an lsd, seats and a 5 speed and you'll have a ton of fun just like that.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Number one, go for the 1jz-gte. I'm saving every cent over the summer for an engine swap. But I'm trying for an sr20det.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Alright, it's a good time to start planning for the summer. At least i think so. I'll be going to Western after i graduate, so i'll be chillin at home, and working, hopefully making some decent cash. Now, here's my dilemma, i want so many things, but in reality, i can only have one, if that. As of now, my plan is just to add a little to my car, here or there, and save some money for something bigger. Options:

1: Just go all out on the SC. Buy an LSD, seats, exhaust, and then work towards a 2JZ/1JZ-GTE swap....blah blah blah..

2: Buy another car, and build that up. Of course i'll keep the SC. I'd be looking into a 200SX, or a Datsun 510. Possibly an old Celica.

3: Pick up a Chevy 350, tear it down and build it up. Kind of an educational thing for myself, just to have one, and then eventually shoe-horn it into my SC...kinda iffy on this one, but yeah, it'd be cool.

4: Buy a motorcycle. Always wanted one. I'd prob try to buy a new one too, and just get it financed through one of my parents...

5: Get a Ruckus. Yeah, i know. But they're just so damm cool to me. And since i'll be around here for 2 years, it'd be nice on gas and keeps wear and tear off the SC since i live less than 5 minutes away from Western by car.

I'm open for opinions, and i just want to hear what you guys have to say. I asked my little brother and he said to get a Ruckus. I secretly think he wants one...

Carlo
The B16A is the best around. Noone can can take the down hills of Mt. Akagi like me, especially no 86!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Dillweed
The B16A is the best around. Noone can can take the down hills of Mt. Akagi like me, especially no 86!
you continue to prove to everyone that you are a major faggot. Go let VaD run your life elsewhere.

Carlo, dont buy another car. Stick with the SC, but take your time with it...Save up money while you have the chance. Trust me, i wish i had money saved up when i decided to 'build' the first 240sx. look how far that got...Enjoy the SC in all of its luxurious glory for a little while, then we can build the piss out of it!

edit- and if you ever consider #3 again, i might kick you.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
you continue to prove to everyone that you are a major faggot. Go let VaD run your life elsewhere.

Carlo, dont buy another car. Stick with the SC, but take your time with it...Save up money while you have the chance. Trust me, i wish i had money saved up when i decided to 'build' the first 240sx. look how far that got...Enjoy the SC in all of its luxurious glory for a little while, then we can build the piss out of it!

edit- and if you ever consider #3 again, i might kick you.
Go cry somewhere else.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Go cry somewhere else.
i dont see anyone crying, bro.

thanks for proving i was right about drag running your life though.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
i dont see anyone crying, bro.

thanks for proving drag runs your life though.
Why is that? You proving nothing.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Why is that? You proving nothing.
you're right, i didnt prove anything. YOU did.

Quick Reply: What to do...what to do....