Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

WTF is this Kawaski?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
lunchindabox
Gimmi your Corolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox
Default WTF is this Kawaski?

Just got it. Don't know crap about it. Doesn't run.
Doesn't have title...it is a peice of shit.

Anyone know anythign about these? What year maybe? What engine maybe?
It's value in it current condition? (parts only or scrap)

Anything you provide will be more than I know...thanks in advance.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: WTF is this Kawaski?

It kinda looks like a kfx125. Which can actually be pretty good bikes.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Reloaded
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Looks like a fun super motard project to me
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
lunchindabox
Gimmi your Corolla

lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox

found out it was a 2002 kx250. That is something i found out.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 PM
5literbeater
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation

holy shit someone rode that thing into the ground. You wont be driving this on the street .If you can get your 2 stroke registered let me know how you did it and I will be right there with you on my 02 RM 250. Supermoto is expensive you will need a bunch of shit like lights tires better front brakes etc. Oh by the way put a fresh plug in the bike. Next put in some nice fresh high test pre-mixed gas 32:1. try and fire her up she might start. Clean the carb too if it wont start right away.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
darnizzle8805
Registered member

darnizzle8805 has disabled reputation

how much you want for it?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
coyote.v5.0
Chica Pah, Chica Pah

coyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond repute

actually doesnt look too beat up. those pics make it look like a 125 but it should have 249cm3 stamped on the side of the cylinder fo a 250. Did you buy it or was it given to you? Thats a great find if it didn't cost anything.

If you plan on keeping it, Put a fresh plug in it first thing and some new 2 stroke mix in it like someone else said. I'd probably go with more around 35-36:1 mixed with at least 93octane. clean the air filter, dawn dish soap works great. lightly oil the air filter with xxxx brand foam filter oil. Never start it without the air filter on. If it still doesn't start carb jets are probably clogged. Not to hard to clean. If the piston moves when you kick it thats a good sign at least.

Those shock seals look busted and arent to hard to do on a bike that old. You can try and lower the dust seal and run a 35mm negative film around the inside of the base and maybe get lucky that its just dirt crammed in there(however they look pretty busted).

Change out the trans oil with some new 4t. Should also have the volume stamped on the side, like 750cl3 or something.
It probably needs a new top end which is pretty easy and not too much. Wiseco is my preference.

As it sits i don't see much more than 300 dollars if some one is really interested in it. running, maybe 700 in the condition its in. Fix up the seals, rebuild top end, put some plastics on it, clean it up get it to start on first or second kick and you could probably get around 1600. Thats all of course if the trans is in working order also. If it isnt try parting it out. those rims are worth a little bit themselves.

It's kind of a classic really they quit making the 2strokes a few years ago. Yammy's the only one still making them.

good luck.

Last edited by coyote.v5.0; 04-30-2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: lowered resale for not being 250
Old 04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i was gonna say its a 02 by the vin...
Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by lunchindabox
found out it was a 2002 kx250. That is something i found out.
found out you did.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Zack
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

Thats actually a kx125, or atleast a kx125 pipe. 250 pipes have a curve before they get into the expansion chamber, 125s dont.

2002 kx 125...

2002 kx 250....

The differences in the pipe is normally a dead give away 125 or 250. You have a 125, you can even see the differences in the clutch cover between the 125 and 250 motors.

Quick Reply: WTF is this Kawaski?