Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Two tickets and over zealous cop - today in NOVA ;(

Old 01-25-2004, 06:05 PM
hondasport0023
Another Grown Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondasport0023 hondasport0023
Default Two tickets and over zealous cop - today in NOVA ;(

I am so pissed! The cop "stalked me" while I drove the total of three blocks in my $350,000-a-house neighborhood to get diapers for my sister's son.

Then, he waited for me to come out of the store. I sat at my car, held up my lisence and registration and waved him over. What did he do? He drove off down the block and waited where he thought I would not see him. I saw him. I called FFX Co. Non-emergency and quizzed the crap outta the dispatcher about why he was following me and stalking me. She wasn't much help.

Admittedly, I just got the car outta the shop so there's no County Sticker (which has been paid for just not delivered) and there's n state inspection (just bought the car AND just got it outta the shop YESTERDAY - SATURDAY NIGHT).

So I say "screw it" and pull outta the parking lot. I was pulled over for him before he even got over the hill to where I was. He comes out actin like I was tryin to dodge him so I say, "hey, officer I have your dispatch on the telephone. I wanna know why you're stalking me and my car."

You know what I'm thinking. Black guy in slick car in rich-white-folks 'hood. OF COURSE they're coming after me. But I didn't actually open my mouth and say that. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So after a little discussion, he tells me that my mods are illegal. I'm totally amazed. I'm tellin him, "Uh, no, they're all CARB approved and 50-state legal, sorry." So he goes on about my clear corners (the JDM 1pc) and my markers that need to be amber. I'm like "Oh, I didn't know that but I'll fix it soon as I can, I mean, c'mon it's Sunday. My sister just had a baby and I'm watchin her kid (who was @ home with my my kid and gramma while I went 5 minutes to the store). I totally neglected to tell him a few other things that may persuade the judge but i'll discuss those later. Anyhow...

So he writes me two tickets and a warning.

1) No state inspection (saw this coming)
2) Illegal muffler
3) Warning: illegal equipt.

He tried to get me to admit to having a suspension. No dice. I said nothing other than "Well, the rims are bigger than the stock
so it just looks lower" to which he tried to tell me it was illegal to have 17" rims. (Not factory equiptment).

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

Checkin the fines now...

Failure to correct defects found by inspection
Statute: 46.2-1157
Fine: $30
Processing Fee: $55
Total: $85

Inadequate exhaust system: owner permitting or allowing operation of vehicle
Statute: 46.2-1049
Fine: $30
Processing Fee: $55
Total: $85

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

Friggin $170.

I have to pre-pay the Muffler. Unless anyone knows how to get out of it with my HKS Hi-Perf...

The other one I think I can get out of and MAN am Igoing to bring up the tactics this cop used. While I was pulled over three people with modified exhausts drove past. THEY didn't get tickets.

GRUMBLE!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:14 PM
1badassgurl
don't fuck with me.

1badassgurl has disabled reputation

i'm sorry to hear what happened. some cops are dicks and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:16 PM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

sucks homie.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:30 PM
90tegLS703
delivery-box

90tegLS703 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think u could proof the sound level of the exhaust at inspection station and show it to the judge to show that it completely legal to have the exhaust.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:46 PM
BeeBeeOne
Registered Member

BeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond reputeBeeBeeOne has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry man but i dont think you can get outta the exhasut ticket. Its illegal in Va to change your exhasut or any part of it. Gay. But true.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:52 PM
jdmteg21
Registered Member

jdmteg21 is on a distinguished road

same thing happened to me bro, i told tha cop i just bought the car 2 days ago and he didnt believe even though i had 30 day tags on. some cops are such dicks. then again there are some cool ones like that state trooper who let me and my boy go for racin on franconia road
Old 01-25-2004, 07:07 PM
deeseetoo
NO MA'AM

deeseetoo has disabled reputation

its actually a one time $55 dollar processing fee, $6 for every additional ticket. If you are going to prepay, prepay all the tickets at once, if you are going to court, don't prepay any of them, that way the $55 fee will only be one time. I would say go to court and hope you have a nice judge.

BTW, what was the officer's name, there are too many FFX cops who don't do shit but pull over people to give "modified exhaust" tickets. I went to court and one cops line up for the day consisted of about 3 exhaust tickets, 2 seatbelt, 2 illegal light, and a handful of no front license plate tickets. No speeding, no wreckless driving, nothing that could potentially harm people.

this whole thing sickens me, cops do this to me all the time.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
UltimateCarSpa
Registered Member

UltimateCarSpa can only hope to improve

damn cops!
Old 01-25-2004, 08:17 PM
hondasport0023
Another Grown Up

hondasport0023 hondasport0023

Actually there IS something I think I can do about it. I'm going to consult with my attorney tomorrow.

Virginia has some protection against "Zealous prosecution" in the law.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:51 PM
90tegLS703
delivery-box

90tegLS703 is an unknown quantity at this point

ffx cops do make me sick sometime.. for some reason it like they're mainly out picking on imports car guys too.

Quick Reply: Two tickets and over zealous cop - today in NOVA ;(