Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need Basic Exhaust Fab Work in Williamsburg/HR (One Cut, One Weld)

Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Need Basic Exhaust Fab Work in Williamsburg/HR (One Cut, One Weld)

Gents,

Finally received the new exhaust for my Civic, to take off the monster fart can with no resonators that came on the car.

However, since the "stock" 96-00 DX/CX/LX Civics had the catalytic converter integrated into the header, the exhaust bolts directly to the header.

Car is a 1997 Civic hatch, LS Motor. Flanges do not meet up properly (i.e. need clocked) from exhaust to header, and they must be stretched TIGHT in order to touch; throwing off the alignment of the muffler at the rear muffler exit. However, I have a BWR Adjustable Test Pipe (adjustable length and flange clocking position) I would like to add, to serve as an extra resonator and downrange o2 bung.

Here is what I need done:
Loosen tension (will see about .5-1" space from header to exhaust)
CUT new exhaust pipe back
WELD 3-bolt flange to newly cut exhaust pipe
Fit BWR Adjustable test pipe
Reconnect

Work is very simple, however I do not know how to weld, and do not have access to a lift. I do expect good work (good cut, good weld, good finished alignment) and understand that may cost a little bit.

If you can do it, shoot me a message. I know RameyBuilt can do it, however that is a hell of a long way to drive, open downpipe.

Willing to go north to Richmond, or south into Norfolk/VB. I have AAA so I could have it towed there as well.

Last edited by idriveahonda; 06-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
dobey
GTFO.

dobey has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Basic Exhaust Fab Work in Williamsburg/HR (One Cut, One Weld)

Big Al's Muffler? Had whole cat-back installed at one near me down here in NN, and was pretty good and cheap. Seems like you need a lot less work than that.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by dobey
Big Al's Muffler? Had whole cat-back installed at one near me down here in NN, and was pretty good and cheap. Seems like you need a lot less work than that.
There isn't one exhaust shop in the state that will touch a "high-flow cat" or a "test pipe."

Therefore I need more of a privately owned (non-corporate) shop, or an individual.

I pay in cash money, not beer and doritos.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
dobey
GTFO.

dobey has disabled reputation

My cat back install included a high flow cat. No questions from them other than wondering what all I had to install. Walked in with the exhaust and hardware, and they pulled the old and installed the new. Most of them would rather have the $50 in labor to do what you need, than not, I think. They don't really care. To them it's just exhaust repair. If you walk into any exhaust shop with parts in hand and explain what you need done, they will probably do it.

I'd do it, but I haven't got a welder yet. Just giving a suggestion of where you can probably get it done quick and easy.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

Originally Posted by dobey
My cat back install included a high flow cat. No questions from them other than wondering what all I had to install. Walked in with the exhaust and hardware, and they pulled the old and installed the new. Most of them would rather have the $50 in labor to do what you need, than not, I think. They don't really care. To them it's just exhaust repair. If you walk into any exhaust shop with parts in hand and explain what you need done, they will probably do it.

I'd do it, but I haven't got a welder yet. Just giving a suggestion of where you can probably get it done quick and easy.
Thanks for your help.

Were the guys there competent and made good welds? Reason I ask is I have higher dollar parts, and don't want $5 welds on them.

Bump for more help from good welders.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

as long as you say its a race car and sign a paper saying so they usually dont care
Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

Originally Posted by nftuatn
as long as you say its a race car and sign a paper saying so they usually dont care
Might have to try that.

You wanna do it?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

im closed till monday..im sure you want it done before then
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

I work the weekends anyway.

I could come Tuesday around 3pm. If you have a competent welder (clean welds) and measure twice cut once...I'm happy.

Last thing I want is a random guy with a welder just going at it...which is why I'm sketchy of just any old shop.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:29 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

well if you dont get it done by then ...i can do it...just bring it by....

and on a side note....if it unbolts...mark the flanges where they need to be and take it by the muffler shop and weld it up...they wont care at all if the cars not there

Quick Reply: Need Basic Exhaust Fab Work in Williamsburg/HR (One Cut, One Weld)