Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

moving to VA beach / hampton roads area

Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 PM
renn
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
renn has disabled reputation
Default moving to VA beach / hampton roads area

hey,

just thought i'd introduce myself, i'm looking to move down to the VA beach / hampton roads / norfolk area sometime in the next 6 months or so. i'm originally from baltimore but grew up on the NJ shore.

where are good neighborhoods to check out? i'm an auto detailer by trade and am really looking for a nice area to set up a small shop to do my work in. if anyone wants to throw me some leads i'd really appreciate it and wouldn't mind hooking you up in the future whenever i get down here.

a couple pics of some of my old cars - been awhile since i've had something fun though. i have a base mini cooper now that i use for mobile detailing and it's slow as uff.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: moving to VA beach / hampton roads area

Holy shit, a decent intro. Welcome. What city are you trying to move to? Hampton Roads is a big area.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM
renn
Registered Member

honestly, i really have no idea. i like the whole area in general and as i'm my own employer i'm basically taking a leap of faith where ever i end up within that area.

right now my gameplan is just to get down there, what areas are worth checking out? most of the detailing work i do is on higher end cars and occasionally leather repair so proximity to a richer neighborhood would be nice...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

It really depends on if you have kids, how much money you're looking to spend, what you wanna be close to, how far you wanna drive, etc. answer those and it'll make it a little easier
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
renn
Registered Member

right now i've got no kids... hopefully that doesn't change soon... but ideally i'd like to be in a general area i could raise kids in and not have to relocate far. being close to the water and not too far from one of the downtown areas would be nice too.

really though, as long as i can find an apartment and i'm not in the ghetto i'd be down to look at any area. any general opinion would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

I think virginia beach would fit your criteria well. good schools in the event you have kids. there's some shitty areas here and there but that goes for everywhere. Virginia beach has a beach..obviously. "downtown" vb isn't too bad, but downtown norfolk is better. Unless you're poor as shit I think you could find a place within your means.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
renn
Registered Member

thanks dude, yeah virginia beach was pretty much where i was looking. hopefully i make it down before next summer.

i guess you get hit pretty hard with tourists too, where i live now is pretty much where all of NYC/metro area comes to hit the beach in the summer. jersey shore was filmed like 15 minutes from my house...
Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

hahah yeah, i mean it's not over bearing, but i've only ever lived here so it's all i know. to someone else it might be horrible.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 AM
browder.ba
Registered Member

browder.ba has disabled reputation

You'll regret it...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
cat5e
Registered Member

cat5e is an unknown quantity at this point

Kempsville is a suburb of Virginia Beach and is a nice area. I grew up there, the schools were decent and the area was safe. You're 15 minutes from the boardwalk and 15 minutes to City Center where all the shopping is.

Quick Reply: moving to VA beach / hampton roads area