Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Acura Integra Knuckles. Adding ABS Holes to NON ABS. Machine Shop?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Acura Integra Knuckles. Adding ABS Holes to NON ABS. Machine Shop?

Basically, wondering if the knuckles can be drilled? I'm sure they can but I've had things drilled at a machine shop before and they told me 'if anyone asks, we're not doing this piece anymore '

I have no idea what they are made of. I DO know that I need two holes drilled on two different knuckles. Why you ask?

My ITR has a tweaked knuckle and I got these for free. ONLY difference is they don't have any holes for the two 10mm bolts to hold my abs sensor to it.

Acura wants a fortune for these parts and I figure, pay someone locally to do it and help locals.

123 go!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
ls/vtecstitch
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch
Default Re: Acura Integra Knuckles. Adding ABS Holes to NON ABS. Machine Shop?

I dont know much about the ITR and i may be way off base here but what about buying a used 94 - 01 integra knuckle from a member on here for real cheap with the abs holes in it? I know its not as nice as free but i'm sure you wouldn't spend much more than that. Maybe you can throw yours in to offset the cost so whoever is parting their car out can still roll it?

Just sounds like too much of a hassle to get what you have working for you vs. getting one with the abs hole already in it. Good luck either way.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Originally Posted by ls/vtecstitch
I dont know much about the ITR and i may be way off base here but what about buying a used 94 - 01 integra knuckle from a member on here for real cheap with the abs holes in it? I know its not as nice as free but i'm sure you wouldn't spend much more than that. Maybe you can throw yours in to offset the cost so whoever is parting their car out can still roll it?

Just sounds like too much of a hassle to get what you have working for you vs. getting one with the abs hole already in it. Good luck either way.
The problem is... everyone on this site in that Classified section will fuck their own mother over for 20 bucks. So someone saying 'ya ya their straight' then I put new ball joints in it and new wheel bearings and my labor with the press...

I'ma fucking be pissed off.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 PM
ls/vtecstitch
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

I do know how that goes unfortunately. If you are military or have a friend that is you can use the hobby shop press on base for $1, literally. The ball joint and bearing is something else entirely.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Are there any part numbers on the knuckles? If you can verify that they are the same part but without the holes post-machined after casting/forging, you should be able to drill them without a problem. I would assume they are all the same and that some of them aren't forged instead of cast, etc., so I wouldn't imagine drilling would be a problem.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Originally Posted by ls/vtecstitch
I do know how that goes unfortunately. If you are military or have a friend that is you can use the hobby shop press on base for $1, literally. The ball joint and bearing is something else entirely.
I have a press?

I'm just saying, I'd be pissed if I got some and they were bent after IIII put all of my items on it.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Are there any part numbers on the knuckles? If you can verify that they are the same part but without the holes post-machined after casting/forging, you should be able to drill them without a problem. I would assume they are all the same and that some of them aren't forged instead of cast, etc., so I wouldn't imagine drilling would be a problem.
This is basically the answer I was looking for. I'm taking them to Ramey Builts to use on his drill-press.

They are exactly the same minus the middle number on the part number. Gotta love Honda/Acura simplicity.