Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any "dog" fields around here?

Old 02-10-2004, 02:20 PM
growley
Pre-"Crash" Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley
Default Any "dog" fields around here?

Is there anywhere safe to let your dogs run around here? Perhaps a dog field?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:43 PM
vasponger
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default Re: Any "dog" fields around here?

chicks beach on the inlet side its pretty safe
Old 02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
CivicZEX91
Hcky4Me

CivicZEX91 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a park that allows dogs to roam, but you must have records of vaccs updated(shots current) and I don't think that the Heartworm checks or Fecals have to be current just vaccs. I will let you know the name of the place. I am not sure what it is now. I would suggest to get BP current.. Just incase one dog has Kennel cough..
Old 02-10-2004, 07:01 PM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Funny you started this thread, I asked it in response to your other dog thread, lol. These things are the shit!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:32 PM
SHUT UP
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

place across the street from avalon terrace on providence road.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:44 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by growley
Is there anywhere safe to let your dogs run around here? Perhaps a dog field?

FYI: At the dog parks in our area kennel cough and other dog diseases are passed back and forth frequently...I suggest against the park...
Old 02-10-2004, 07:48 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by CivicZEX91
There is a park that allows dogs to roam, but you must have records of vaccs updated(shots current) and I don't think that the Heartworm checks or Fecals have to be current just vaccs. I will let you know the name of the place. I am not sure what it is now. I would suggest to get BP current.. Just incase one dog has Kennel cough..

I'm sure the only shot required is a rabies shot at these parks..which doesn't protect against jack shit that other dogs carry. And also...I'm assuming by BP you mean a bordatella shot...kennel cough shot..AND IF ANYONE HAS A FUCKING PUPPY THAT HAS NOT FINISHED ITS SERIES OF SHOTS...KEEP IT AT FUCKING HOME!!!! puppies catch EVERYTHING and should be kept in your yard until its shots have been completed.

the other important thing...be prepared to more than likely pick up a parasite..hookworms..coccidia...all the lovely little bugs that will make your dog shit its brain out..
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
MerF
Ghost

Sheesh...you're making me wanna call my wife and tell her to stay away from her dog park. Sometimes though, it's worth the risk. It's only slightly different than kids at daycare, yo urealize how much sickness festers there?! But they gotta go (in some cases), so you deal with it. I dunno...our puppy is social, and she has noone to play with, it lets her have some fun. I hear what you're saying and all...but I think the mentla health is also an important factor here that's being left out.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:01 PM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

Nice try.

How old is your puppy? And enjoy her mental state...I didn't say they couldn't go but I advise against it...wanna know WHY?! because I work in a clinic and we see damn dogs with issues b/c of going to the parks or being around other animals...which brings me to another point: fucking morons need to keep their animals away from other animals while in a clinic...do you get in sick people's faces at the hospital?

haha..sorry...sometimes I want to smack some of my clients...
Old 02-10-2004, 08:04 PM
MerF
Ghost

Ahhh...I knew there had to be more to this. I can only imagine how you feel since you work with them. I wasn't trying to argue against your point...I was just saying that in a city (Tampa) where there's not much room for yards, they need to be able to let loose. I'm an animal LOVER myself, I would never want to put one in harm's way, so don't think that. My wife's puppy is 10 months old now, she didn't see the dog park her first time until last month.

Quick Reply: Any "dog" fields around here?