Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to put a handle back on the shaved door

Old 10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
brakedrift1217
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brakedrift1217 has disabled reputation
Default How to put a handle back on the shaved door

Hey guys, I traded my car with mazdaspeed protege that has shaved doors front and back.

And I needed to pass the inspection then I noticed that shaved door cars can not pass the safety inspection.

After some search I found out that having door handles in front will make the car pass the inspection.
(please correct me if its not )

So I want to know if there is any way that I can have door handles in the front.

Im thinking either to get a set of used front doors and install the kit, but is there any other way to get the door handle back to where it was?

And one more question, will normal protege door replace the door if I have to change the whole door?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by brakedrift1217; 10-28-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: How to put a handle back on the shaved door

it depends how it was shaved...some people just pull the handle and weld metal in the area and bondo it up...

other take a cut the whole handle and mount out and weld metal in..

if its the first way it can be grinded out/painted and a handle reinstalled...and yes you can do the front two doors and it will pass inspection
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

yes. the door would be the easiest/ best fix....but most of the time the electric door kit is installed and all the old mechanics are removed/ cut up..gl
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
brakedrift1217
Registered member

nftuatn, b16EFsedan/ Thanx guys for the answer, my remote says its Autoloc Company's shave door kit. Do they cut everything out of just a fill-in method?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

autoloc is the company,they dont do the installs...its a kit a customer buys and installs themselves...you wont know how they shaved until you grind into them and remove the bondo
Old 10-28-2011, 03:24 PM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Originally Posted by nftuatn
autoloc is the company,they dont do the installs...its a kit a customer buys and installs themselves...you wont know how they shaved until you grind into them and remove the bondo
Ot take the inner panel of the door off LOL.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

What the trooper told me when I called and ask was that you have to have some way to get the door open if the battery or the remote dies. I believe you can buy a safety button that will open the door if either of the two happens and the door will open. He told me that would pass. I'd call and see if there is any way to pass without having to do all the work to out door handles back on.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 AM
brakedrift1217
Registered member

Originally Posted by Reloaded.
What the trooper told me when I called and ask was that you have to have some way to get the door open if the battery or the remote dies. I believe you can buy a safety button that will open the door if either of the two happens and the door will open. He told me that would pass. I'd call and see if there is any way to pass without having to do all the work to out door handles back on.
thank you so much
Old 11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
sircrx
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

yea you can have shaved handles but you have to have a pretty easily visible way to get the door open manually in case of power loss. My friend ran a cable to his inner fender wells and to pass inspection he put orange flags on them lol. Not sure if that was "supposed" to pass or not but it did every year no questions asked.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM
brakedrift1217
Registered member

Originally Posted by sircrx
yea you can have shaved handles but you have to have a pretty easily visible way to get the door open manually in case of power loss. My friend ran a cable to his inner fender wells and to pass inspection he put orange flags on them lol. Not sure if that was "supposed" to pass or not but it did every year no questions asked.
So you mean if I have visivle sign of emergency door opener hook then I can pass the inspection? I also have manual door open but when I asked the mechanic at the inspection place about that, he told me Im going to fail inspection no matter what becuause of the shaved doors in the front.

Quick Reply: How to put a handle back on the shaved door