Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
91slomatic
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91slomatic has disabled reputation
Default eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

I have a 95 civic ex with the d16z6 motor. The other day it started idle rough and consuming more fuel. Also while cruising at a steady speed the car would hesitate till I went full throttle. Map sensor and tps checked out fine. However I have codes 21 - vtech spool solenoid. 22- vtech pressure valve. And 43- fuel supply system. 21 and 22 were past codes due to a wiring problem long ago I fixed. But the 43 has me stumped. Im thinking a new fuel filter and check the vacuum lines? Any info on any possible fixes is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: eg vtech rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

You got that vtech bro?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: eg vtech rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

Originally Posted by 91slomatic
I have a 95 civic ex with the d16z6 motor. The other day it started idle rough and consuming more fuel. Also while cruising at a steady speed the car would hesitate till I went full throttle. Map sensor and tps checked out fine. However I have codes 21 - vtech spool solenoid. 22- vtech pressure valve. And 43- fuel supply system. 21 and 22 were past codes due to a wiring problem long ago I fixed. But the 43 has me stumped. Im thinking a new fuel filter and check the vacuum lines? Any info on any possible fixes is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
problem is in bold
Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
91slomatic
Registered member

Im looking for suggestions. Not smartass answers. Its not your car, its MY car so get off this thread and don't bash my shit. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
91slomatic
Registered member

Also vtech engages just fine. No problems with it
Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM
L_U_C_K
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Fuel pump or filter.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Im looking for suggestions. Not smartass answers. Its not your car, its MY car so get off this thread and don't bash my shit. Thanks.
forgive me good sir but it sounds like your shit is already bashed
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM
91slomatic
Registered member

Thanks L_U_C_K. And to the other guy. Your a medical person. And you drive a Toyota, which is probably a prius cause you like to be "green"
Old 11-18-2011, 10:18 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

Thanks L_U_C_K. And to the other guy. Your a medical person. And you drive a Toyota, which is probably a prius cause you like to be "green"
you're*
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Also vtech engages just fine. No problems with it
Bro, you sure you got vTecH?

Quick Reply: eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.