Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 Volvo S70 SRS light

Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default 99 Volvo S70 SRS light

Need to inspect my car, and need this damn light turned off. It requires a specific tool for just the SRS light. regular OBD 2 scanner will not work, and one other person tried but his SRS tool didn't work with Volvos, and the other tool he had would only reset it I guess, not turn it off, nor read if it was throwing and actual code.

Anyone work somewhere with access to this willing to do it on the side? Would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: 99 Volvo S70 SRS light

Most places aren't going to have a scanner for volvo. Best bet is to try the dealer.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:33 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default Re: 99 Volvo S70 SRS light

Ya the place I would go is a Volvo shop off of lynhaven. I've been told Volvo is pretty tight about selling these kinds of tools to people, but wanted to ask anyways.

Not very cheap just to have them plug a tool in and take 5 minutes to read it...