Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ANY ADVICE?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM
hollywood83107
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hollywood83107 has disabled reputation
Default ANY ADVICE?

I drive a 1994 camaro z28. I recently just got an aftemarket clutch and flywheel installed along with billet steel pulleys from march. The clutch is a stage 2, 6 puck cutch from clutchmasters. The flywheel is also from clutchmasters and weighs 22.5lbs, it is cromoly steel. The pulleys are alternator and underdrive. Now for the problem..... Since the install, whenever I reach 3,500 rpms in any gear I get extreme vibrations. It seems to be coming from the engine, but nothing is confirmed. This did not happen before the install of these parts. I contacted clutchmasters and they claimed that vibration is normal with a 6 puck clutch, but it just doesnt feel right to me. Any driving under 3,500 rpms is perfectly fine. BTW the clutch is not fully broken in yet, 350 miles since the install. If anybody has any ideas what the problem could be please let me know, anything is helpful.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: ANY ADVICE?

Originally Posted by hollywood83107
I drive a 1994 camaro z28. I recently just got an aftemarket clutch and flywheel installed along with billet steel pulleys from march. The clutch is a stage 2, 6 puck cutch from clutchmasters. The flywheel is also from clutchmasters and weighs 22.5lbs, it is cromoly steel. The pulleys are alternator and underdrive. Now for the problem..... Since the install, whenever I reach 3,500 rpms in any gear I get extreme vibrations. It seems to be coming from the engine, but nothing is confirmed. This did not happen before the install of these parts. I contacted clutchmasters and they claimed that vibration is normal with a 6 puck clutch, but it just doesnt feel right to me. Any driving under 3,500 rpms is perfectly fine. BTW the clutch is not fully broken in yet, 350 miles since the install. If anybody has any ideas what the problem could be please let me know, anything is helpful.
Yes. I advise you should have put this in Tech Talk.

Prepare your anus.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by hollywood83107
1. Did they balance the flywheel?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Niburu
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Is the automatic trans flywheel different than manual one? I could see them sending you the wrong one easily.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 AM
execelon
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

I'd check all motor/ tranny mounts..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 AM
POS DSM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Have you tried blasting it with piss yet?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:33 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Niburu
Is the automatic trans flywheel different than manual one? I could see them sending you the wrong one easily.
didn't know a clutch would work on a automatic flexplate?? explain how..
Old 01-27-2012, 08:37 AM
sixcyl?
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
didn't know a clutch would work on a automatic flexplate?? explain how..
I'll telly you when you're older
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

You may of gotten different weight on your flywheel then what your motor is balanced to. Which would cause this vibration.

Also they may of not installed the 3 little pins on the flywheel either, which would also cause the vibration.

Either way, tranny has to come back out for you to fix the problem, id start there.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Dough_Boy.
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Probably a mixture of the pulleys and new flywheel throwing off the balance. You're gonna have to pull the trans out anyway. When you do that pull the pressure plate off just to see if it chattering has any uneven ware. If it doesn't call some machine shops and see if they can balance it for you.

Quick Reply: ANY ADVICE?