Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hey do you think this clutch was SLIPPING when I went to the track? Pics inside!

Old 02-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed
Default Hey do you think this clutch was SLIPPING when I went to the track? Pics inside!

Well when I went to the track I felt my clutch was slippjng, unsure if it was the slicks just breaking loose up top even in 4th which on some runs THEY WERE!!!! I watched my 1/4 miles vids over and over and could tell the clutch was slipping up top. Well here are a few pics I snapped today.

Old 02-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Default Re: Hey do you think this clutch was SLIPPING when I went to the track? Pics inside!

Last edited by Boostfed; 02-28-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Default Re: Hey do you think this clutch was SLIPPING when I went to the track? Pics inside!

It was a Clutch Specialties Dual Diaphragm Pressure plate (They sometimes come black sometimes yellow lol) Also a Clucth Specialties six puck sprung hub, the Flywheel is a JUN 10.14lb chromoly flywheel, I have had it for like 4 years now, served me well BUT everytime we pull it apart it looks like this. I WONDER if the friction materials are not working well from the flywheel to the disc. I dunno. I got my Competition Clutch twin disc clutch instalked now. Hopefuly no more slippage.

Tracks vids here a couple of runs yuou can tell it is slipping

http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/...w.wmv
Old 02-28-2004, 10:38 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

mine looked pretty similar to that,i think it might just be the clutches and pressure plates themselves that are misfunctioning......had to send my shit back,hopefully your new shit works better so your insanely high horesepower car can dip into the 10's.......
Old 02-28-2004, 10:40 AM
boostjunkie
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

hmmmmm...

Old 02-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Ninety7GSX
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

noice
Old 02-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

ouch
Old 03-01-2004, 05:47 AM
_Red_Rocket_
Banned

_Red_Rocket_ is an unknown quantity at this point

.....crazy
Old 03-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

not signs of a slipping clutch.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greaser
not signs of a slipping clutch.
'

looks like flywheel slipping

Quick Reply: Hey do you think this clutch was SLIPPING when I went to the track? Pics inside!