Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any good local body shops in the 757?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
johnc
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnc has disabled reputation
Default Any good local body shops in the 757?

Took my car to stock or modified, definitely wasn't "done right the first time". Other people claim they've taken their car there and had great work done which I don't doubt at all, but thin spots, dirt in the paint/blemish, and a shitty tape job, is what I got. From 10 feet away it looks good though. Also, they didn't put all my clips in on the side skirts so if you touch them they flap around.

Thinking I had someone new who did the work I decided to give them another chance, crazy I know, so I call to get a quote on getting two fenders painted, dude knows I pay cash, told me $600

Is there a reasonable body shop/ mechanic in the 757?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Any good local body shops in the 757?

I would DEFINITLEY like to see the other side of the story on that review of stock or modified. I know Joey personally, and he dosent let crap like that come out of his shop.

Have you talked to them about getting it fixed? You might want to call them and try to sort it out before bringing it somewhere else. They stand beside thier work %100.

Not trying to flame you or anything, just trying to get the facts.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

That fucking search button not working again?

PS - LOL at FS trolls
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
johnc
Registered Member

It came out of his shop, those are the facts, I'm sure he would fix it for free, he is a really nice guy, I'm just not taking my car or my money back there, that's that.

Just want to get references for other shops, that's all.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by johnc
I'm sure he would fix it for free, he is a really nice guy, I'm just not taking my car or my money back there, that's that.
This dosent compute.

So he'll fix it for free and you want to pay someone else to do it?

Have fun wasting your money.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by johnc
Took my car to stock or modified, definitely wasn't "done right the first time". Other people claim they've taken their car there and had great work done which I don't doubt at all, but thin spots, dirt in the paint/blemish, and a shitty tape job, is what I got. From 10 feet away it looks good though. Also, they didn't put all my clips in on the side skirts so if you touch them they flap around.

Thinking I had someone new who did the work I decided to give them another chance, crazy I know, so I call to get a quote on getting two fenders painted, dude knows I pay cash, told me $600

Is there a reasonable body shop/ mechanic in the 757?
Can you please tell me what car or parts these were ?

what you are describing does not really sound like the work that comes out of the shop. There are countless people on this forum, not to mention however many car show winners with paint jobs to stand by the reputation of stock or modified bodyworks.

and I agree with everything donkey punch says. It will get fixed if you are unhappy, and that is the end of the story. Joey doesn't take lightly to people not being happy and he will bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy. thats how much fenders normally cost to get painted depending on the color. Gotta remember the cost of quality material. cash doesnt really effect whether or not you get a huge discount or something nowadays.

I seriously urge you to get in touch with joey or go up there and talk to him. Your stuff will be fixed cause Joey will probably have a heart attack when he reads this knowing that you are unhappy.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:01 PM
johnc
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
This dosent compute.

So he'll fix it for free and you want to pay someone else to do it?

Have fun wasting your money.
Never spoke about it. I'm just saying I'm sure he would as a business owner. But I brought good money there and it didn't come out good and it wasn't ready when he said it was going to be. I don't have time for that so yes I'll give my money to someone else. I think that makes a lot sense.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
Can you please tell me what car or parts these were ?

what you are describing does not really sound like the work that comes out of the shop. There are countless people on this forum, not to mention however many car show winners with paint jobs to stand by the reputation of stock or modified bodyworks.

and I agree with everything donkey punch says. It will get fixed if you are unhappy, and that is the end of the story. Joey doesn't take lightly to people not being happy and he will bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy. thats how much fenders normally cost to get painted depending on the color. Gotta remember the cost of quality material. cash doesnt really effect whether or not you get a huge discount or something nowadays.

I seriously urge you to get in touch with joey or go up there and talk to him. Your stuff will be fixed cause Joey will probably have a heart attack when he reads this knowing that you are unhappy.
The cost of quality materials? $600 bro.. c'mon. And no one said anything about a huge discount, but cc processing fees, not reporting it, etc... but anyways, I'm not disputing they do good work, all I'm saying is I wasn't happy with what I got in the end so I'm not taking my car back there.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

again, what car and/or parts were these and when was it done. I may be able to help you rectify the situation as this does not sound correct to me. There is a new painter there but it hasnt been long, but he is very good and does great work.

I only work there part time now, but I have been there since the shop opened have never seen Joey let low standard work go out with his name on it.

and yes,600 sounds right for 2 fenders DEPENDING on what color they are, cause it is a fact. Certain paint colors and codes cost more than the other.

Call Pro Finishes Plus on witchduck road, which is our distributor for materials.

and ask them how much sealer, base, reducer and clear and activator for the sealer and clear would be.Thats not including if they have to be primered. Than calculate labor to prep them, and or tape the car up, and paint time. You will then understand. We use dupont chromabase. Not cheap junk paint. it is not cheap and at least 1/3 or more of the cost of something is simply for materials.

I am not disputing that you are unhappy with the work you got done, obviously that is how you feel. However, you would have to be a total fool to not go back and talk to Joey and let him get your parts or car how you want it. Joey is one of the best painters around, and makes him sick when people aren't happy with the work that he delivers. I have seen his hair grey in front of my eyes thinking that someone might be unhappy.

edited.

I pmed you to try and get answer to these and get this issue resolved. there is a happiness guarantte and a warranty for a reason man.

I am just an employee of the shop, I dont own it or work there as my full source of income and I am trying to help you resolve this problem and make you happy. Can you imagine what the guy who owns the place and depends on this shop for his ability to make income will do to make you happy and keep your business in the future. Alot. So do it.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 06-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:44 PM
johnc
Registered Member

I just got done PM'ing you back I don't live on my computer dude. And this is what I'm talking about.. you work there, customer is always right? And I'm either a liar or an idiot??

So just that right there, the fact my car DID roll out not looking to hot, and the fact I kept getting BS'd on when my car would actually be done, and the fact that when i went to finally pick my car up there were still some things not complete is why even if they do do it for free IM NOT bringing my car back up there.

He did tell me I could bring it back up there to have the last few things ironed out that weren't already done but what.. and wait on for who knows how long? NO.. that's why I'm asking for a recommendation.

If that doesn't make sense to anyone then maybe I'm crazy but I'm not taking my car or my money to a place I don't like. It's like if you worked at mcdonalds and got mad because I didn't want to come back and get another shitty ass cheesburger and a cold ass french fry because I didn't like it the first time. Now McDonalds aint $2000 but the majority of the work DID get done, and I am I guess... less than satisfied, but satisfied enough I took my car.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
terrible advice
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

you sound very unreasonable. you're assuming that you're going to have a bad experience again because you're less than satisfied about the first time. and you said it yourself, you took the car. maybe you should take a deep breath, calm down, and take the car back.

Quick Reply: Any good local body shops in the 757?