Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.
View Poll Results: Which weekend can you attend (select all that apply)
May 1
16.67%
May 8
66.67%
May 15
50.00%
May 22
16.67%
May 29
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Rockwood Creek, Saturday in May?

Old 03-15-2004 | 10:30 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Rockwood Park, Saturday in May?

Let's do Rockwood Park again, a Saturday in May. Need to plan way in advance for those working on weekends to request time off (or contract a 24hr flu excuse).

I'm not a resident of Chesterfield County, so I am unable to reserve the spot. Can someone take the initative to do this? There is a nominal cost, so whoever reserves it would not have to bring food, only eat it.

First things first before people start signing up to bring things. Let's choose a date and work from there, okay? Select the days you could make it (multiple selections are permitted). Weekend with the most responses would be chosen by whomever takes it upon themselves to reserve the space with the county.

Things we could do:
- Cookout!
- Frisbee
- Horseshoes
- Infield softball game (hit to outfield and you're out)
- 1-hand touch football
- Cruise afterwards

Great time to meet new people, hang out, and play outside with friends. Absolutely no alcohol permitted at the park (county regulations). Family friendly weekend.

Last edited by Computer_Nerd; 03-15-2004 at 10:44 AM. Reason: corrected name from Rockwood Creek to Rockwood Park
Old 03-15-2004 | 10:36 AM
Y2K Z24
Grrrr...

Y2K Z24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rockwood Creek, Saturday in May?

I think you mean Rockwood Park. Last time we did not reserve the shelter and got lucky that nobody else had reserved it that day. I can reserve it just give me a date. If I remember correctly it costs $15 to reserve.
Old 03-15-2004 | 10:48 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Re: Rockwood Creek, Saturday in May?

Coo. Call Jane at 751-4696 to reserve a shelter. Can always use a open grill next to a parking lot on a first come, first served basis, but we were at the shelter last time that had an overhang, semi-private parking area, volleyball net, and horseshoe pits.

Shelter #4 is reserved for May 1st already, all others are open for any Saturday in May.

Residents, $40 for half day, $80 for whole day for a reservation. Half days are segmented from 9a-2p and 3p-8p. Someone would have to front the money, then collect maybe $2 from each person attending to keep costs low for everyone.

Last edited by Computer_Nerd; 03-15-2004 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Updated with pricing info.
Old 03-15-2004 | 12:46 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

May 29thg for my birthday and plus I will be gone for the month of May until the 29th.
Old 03-15-2004 | 01:33 PM
BadBeck
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

i say half day from 3p-8 pm-cooler in the afternoon/evening and i esp dont wanan get up at 9 am for anything unless i'm getting paid a lot of money . so if we got 20 people to come that'd be 2 a piece i suppose, how many came last time? I cant remember...
Old 03-15-2004 | 03:00 PM
HondaCrusher

HondaCrusher has disabled reputation

no softball fields on saturdays... the larvae take over the park. the lil monster's run around all over the place... we could always do it on a sunday afternoon again... and most likely wouldn't have to pay to reserve the park
Old 03-15-2004 | 06:33 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Rockwood park on a weekend in May would be a disaster.
Old 03-16-2004 | 07:16 AM
1evilS10

1evilS10 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about Pocahontas State Park i mean its just an idea

http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/poc...htm#Picnicking

Last edited by 1evilS10; 03-16-2004 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2004 | 08:05 AM
Y2K Z24
Grrrr...

Y2K Z24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1evilS10
what about Pocahontas State Park i mean its just an idea

http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/poc...htm#Picnicking
If some people had trouble finding Rockwood Park how the fuck are they going to find Pocahontas State Park?
Old 03-16-2004 | 08:44 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Originally Posted by Nic
Rockwood park on a weekend in May would be a disaster.
Any park in May would be crowded. People enjoy going during good weather on weekends when they have the day off. Isn't that the whole point? Damn, just trying to get something going...

Quick Reply: Rockwood Creek, Saturday in May?