Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Powdercoating rims...couple of questions

Old 03-21-2004 | 07:17 PM
6i9
Banned

6i9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Powdercoating rims...couple of questions

Hey my names Chris. I'm relatively new around here. I'm buying a 99 BMW M coupe and it should arrive in little less than a month. It comes with two setsof rims, stock BMW rims, and 17" SSR Competitions. The original owner coated the stock rims in a chrome finish, but road salt from the snow has chipped away at the coating. I was thinkin about just stripping all of the chrome and powdercoating them a different color (dark grey maybe) Anyone know anything about powdercoating wheels? I dono anything about the subject so i was wondering if its possible to strip the chrome, or just powdercoat over them.
Also, does anyone know a place around NoVA that powdercoats rims?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2004 | 07:19 PM
Kim Jong Illin

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Powdercoating rims...couple of questions

ill do it for u. jk

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin; 03-23-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2004 | 07:52 PM
Kim Jong Illin

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

TTT
Old 03-24-2004 | 02:43 PM
6i9
Banned

6i9 is an unknown quantity at this point

bump
Old 03-25-2004 | 10:36 AM
Kim Jong Illin

stfu
Old 03-31-2004 | 10:31 AM
TurboQuad4
Moore Automotive

TurboQuad4 is an unknown quantity at this point

American Stripping Company in Manassas does an awesome job powdercoating (they can do a lot of other things as well). PM or email me if you want more info.
Old 03-31-2004 | 04:00 PM
SOHKis
BYAAARR!!!!!

SOHKis will become famous soon enough

it's a pain in the ass if you're gonna do it yourself. you've gotta make sure ALL the chrome is off, and there's no visible imperfections in the finish b/c they will all show right through the powder coat. and you need an oven that you don't plan on using to cook food for another 20 years. unless you got the time, and you're a perfectionist, i would leave it to the professionals.