Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

88-91 civic shift light question

Old 03-25-2004, 10:43 PM
ProjektHatch
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 88-91 civic shift light question

hey, anyone know anything about the stock shift light? its hooked up on my cluster, but no harness goes to it, or anywhere else that could be for it... do you have to buy the harness from honda? i was just curious, if i have to buy it, ill just get an aftermarket tach later on... just a question.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:05 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: 88-91 civic shift light question

what exactly do you mean by its hooked up but there is no harness to it?? has it worked before or is that what you are trying to do??? what model is your car??
Old 03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
ProjektHatch
Banned

ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 88-91 civic shift light question

its a 1990 civic hatchback Si.... and no it has never worked... i have the unit right in front of me.. it mounts on the back of the gauge cluster, has a 5 pin hookup on it, and a light coming off of it that goes into the shift indicator spot (the green arrow pointing up) .. i mean i dont shift at stock points anyway, i was just curious about it... figured if i got em to work id sell em on ebay or something.