Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What's a RICER?

Old 03-26-2004, 06:40 PM
J-mega99
NO SHUKN, NO JIVING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J-mega99 has disabled reputation
Lightbulb What's a RICER?

Ok, this is my first post so take it easy on me. I've been peeping this forum for quite some time, usually to check on any area events happening and I've seen that the ricer bashing is not only incessant but has become derogatory and incompassing anything deemed not a "race car". My honest question is this: What constitutes a ricer? I've been in the game for years now, I got to alot of shows, I have a living room full of trophies, even one sponsor, and I've never seen anyone with only an engine swap/turbo and a handful of slips win anything or turn any heads. Point is, tastfully done, I have tons of mods on my car that serve no other purpose than to get the judges attention and make my car more unique and "trick' than the next guy. So getting right down to it does.........showcar=ricer?

Last edited by J-mega99; 03-26-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Stillpushin
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's a RICER?

First of all Horrible first post. If you have been watching the forums for a while you would know this. The majority off the site strives for go and not show. That is just the tendancy of the site. Get the fuck over it or get the fuck off Drag VA. There is a difference between a tasteful show car and a riced out cavalier w/ a picnic bench on the trunk to accent the altezzas. So basicly what i say to you is, Stop your bitching.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:48 PM
J-mega99
NO SHUKN, NO JIVING

J-mega99 has disabled reputation

No, prob. Just wanted to know why you cats don't respect the other side of the game as well. 'Cause if i get one more little kid in a civic hatch(or whatever) with integra wheels and a FMIC, turn his nose up at my award winning ride again. I'm liable to reach underneath the seat.

Last edited by J-mega99; 03-26-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Dirk Dickbutt
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

The ricer concept is usually affiliated with the following:

A.) People who slap a fart can on their cars, slap on some rainbow paint and/or primer, and think they are hot shit.

B.) People who rev their engines and haul ass out of parking lots trying to impress everyone else.

Anybody that fits the above criteria, it doesn't matter if they are an import or a domestic. Just because you drive an import does not necissarily classify you as a ricer. The bottom line is that ricers are people that go out of their way to be posers and to try and impress people.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:58 PM
j_archer
blang blang

j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer

My def. of 'rice'...
cars with stickers all over (and the companies don't really sponser the car)
big ass wings
APC anything
cars with badges that arn't true(like GTR or whatever)

These are my opinions, and I think the definition of rice is just that. A person's opinion.

Tastefully done is also a key word. I think anything that looks clean wouldn't be 'rice'.

Sounds like you have a nice ride, post up some pics and let's see!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Dirk Dickbutt
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Originally Posted by j_archer
My def. of 'rice'...
cars with stickers all over (and the companies don't really sponser the car)
big ass wings
APC anything
cars with badges that arn't true(like GTR or whatever)

These are my opinions, and I think the definition of rice is just that. A person's opinion.

Tastefully done is also a key word. I think anything that looks clean wouldn't be 'rice'.

Sounds like you have a nice ride, post up some pics and let's see!
I especially agree with the badges statement. There is nothing that I hate more than seeing a Mustang with GT-R badges on it. Thats gay rice to me.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:08 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

anything but a metro....is rice.

period
Old 03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

If you own anything produced by APC.. you might be a ricer.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
AcuRaChiC
i love it but sellin

AcuRaChiC is an unknown quantity at this point

hehehe this one is gonna be great!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Stillpushin
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait, this really bothers me. So if you get a ricer in a honda that pisses you off you are going to shoot him. Grow the fuck up. We all know there are 16 year old kids out there who think there metros are faster than any import or domestic out there. They are ricers. You honestly do not sound like a ricer. I am curious to see your ride. If it looks good i will be the first to compliment it.

-BTW, toting a gun and acting hard does not make you cool.

Quick Reply: What's a RICER?