Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Question for VW guys.....

Old 01-15-2003, 09:38 AM
JNasty
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JNasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for VW guys.....

Anybody else blown there coil packs yet? One of mine just went yesterday and I only had 2639mi on my 02 337. Scared the shit out of me too, power just died out. I had to get it towed to Greenbrier volkswagen (pain in the ass). Then they fuckin tell me they are only gonna replace the bad pack not all four, these coil packs are notorious to fall apart right in your hands. Jus wondering if anyone here has had similar experience and what they did. So far I've emailed VWoA, NHSTA, and written a letter to VW CEO. This is definitely a safety hazard and these things are on national backorder. Fuckin garbage......
Old 01-15-2003, 12:36 PM
jetroc0088

jetroc0088 has a spectacular aura aboutjetroc0088 has a spectacular aura about

I have not had the problem.
Maybe it is a Turbo only thing.

Good luck getting anything from VWoA.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:55 PM
DeezUU
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

Fuck VWoA !! Why'd they stop the heater core recall in 91 !!! My ride is a 92 and still had a POS core !!! Bitches ! I'm gonna go buy a Honda !
Old 01-15-2003, 04:04 PM
MOB
Versus1

MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB

I already told you guys about my bad experience with my 97 GTI....VWOA is nothing but a piece of shit..they fucked me over voiding my warranty just because they saw a mod and blamed it on that rather than their shitty parts.........piece of shit car..never again will i buy another VW..
Old 01-15-2003, 08:25 PM
BLACK JEFF
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

i know people have their own opinion about things but i just have to say it.....quit your bitch'n!!!!!

now to reply to JNasty's post......

i've never had a problem with my coil pack. at one time i thought something was wrong with mine but i don't think there is anything wrong with it anymore. i've heard of them getting cracks or whatever. i know someone with a 2002 24v VR6. after i ran him he said something about his coil pack being messed up and he was only running on 5 cylinders....i just looked at it as an excuse so i didn't pay any attention to what he was saying was actually wrong. i'll talk to him tomorrow and get the details
Old 01-16-2003, 06:59 AM
JNasty
Registered Member

hell no man he probably wasnt bullshittin about the 5 cylinders. That shit sucks I was trying to drive on 3 cylinders like a geo metro dude, it was horrible. As for VW being a piece of shit, I think maybe you just had a bad experience because I love my 337, and cant wait to get it back. I think this coil pack thing is a little ridiculous though they should definitely do a recall, but they dont have enough parts in stock to do it yet. I wouldnt trade myVW for anything seriously, german engineers are the best, just that part had bad quality control!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:13 AM
BLACK JEFF
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by JNasty
I wouldnt trade myVW for anything seriously, german engineers are the best

same here
Old 01-16-2003, 11:19 AM
jetroc0088

jetroc0088 has a spectacular aura aboutjetroc0088 has a spectacular aura about

To be honest the only thing I would trade mine for are other VW's or other german cars.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
animus
had yours today?

animus is an unknown quantity at this point

lol welcome to the world of VW - go to www.vwvortex.com, and the forums there. lots of ranting and raving about MAF failures, window regulators, coilpacks, electrical gremlins, etc... granted, if your stealership is decent enough, you'll get everything kosher again. VWoA is pretty decent about "common" stuff - they nationally recognized the window regulator problems, and thus the new, sturdier parts....
my 99's been in the shop 8+ times for electrical CRAP, but its skraight now. (a mix of MAF failures and electrical gremlins)
im sure you luv your 337 though
still, wouldnt trade my dub fer nuffin - well, maybe that sexy Audi S4... yum....
Old 01-17-2003, 09:22 AM
JNasty
Registered Member

Originally posted by animus

still, wouldnt trade my dub fer nuffin - well, maybe that sexy Audi S4... yum....
True plus I've been on vortex for a while now, even before I got the 337

Quick Reply: Question for VW guys.....