Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Swapping Volk Barrels

Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Yardjass
LET THE HATE FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Swapping Volk Barrels

I've had a great deal of difficulty finding anything useful using either google or the search feature on this one, so here we are.

Say I got a really good price on a set of Volk GT-N's. Lets just say for the sake of the question, they were 17x8, +35. The problem is, two of the barrels were missing, so I have two complete wheels plus two faces only. If I were to find a pair of other 17x8 GT series wheels, say GT-V's, GT-U's, etc. would I be able to swap the barrels over and end up with a pair of 17x8 +35 GT-N's identical to the two complete ones that I already have? My research seems to confirm that the bolt pattern where the center attaches to the barrel is the same for all GT series wheels, and that they will line up. Can anybody confirm this? More importantly, say the pair of wheels that I find are not +35 offset. Do the barrels on these wheels vary only in diameter and width, with the face being the part that determines offset, or do I have to make sure I find not only a set of 17x8 Volks, but a set with the same +35 offset too?

I've had people suggest re-barreling. I may end up doing this but I'd prefer to try the approach above for cost reasons, if it is something that will work.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 PM
blksylv
Boost LeRoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv
Default Re: Swapping Volk Barrels

I'd try contacting Wheelflip. They've been more than helpful with any question I've had about swapping barrels between the gt series wheels.