Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shops in Va Beach that do mod installations on imports?

Old 04-06-2004 | 04:59 AM
lawguy
Registered Member

lawguy has disabled reputation
Default Shops in Va Beach that do mod installations on imports?

What are some shops in va beach that do installations on import cars... specifically Honda/Acuras? I'm not looking to have my engine rebuilt or a turbo put on or anything...I'm just looking for somewhere that can do suspension work primarily (springs/shocks/sway bars etc). Somewhere that can do a good job, and for a fairly low price. If you guys have names, websites or phone numbers, that would help. Also if any of you have good experiences with a shop, I'd like to know that too.

I'm totally new to this "scene" and to bulletin boards like this, so any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by lawguy; 04-06-2004 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2004 | 05:12 AM
Crate
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate
Default Re: Shops in Va Beach that do mod installations on imports?

Honestly the things you mentioned you can do on your own in 3-4 hours w/ hand tools. Very basic to swap springs and struts and bolt on a swap bar. But if you dont have the tools or time, i'd suggest Abacus or Millenium Motorsports or Auto Solution, your pick. (they got banners at the top of site)
Old 04-06-2004 | 06:03 AM
CnmyTeg
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

sorry man but unfortunatlly, you wont have very many "good experiences" with the shops around here. they just dont have the competition to want your buisness enough to creat good service to match a quality product. the service youll get at any shop in the area will be slim to none. my advice, order your own parts, do it yourself. or get a freind to help you. OR, create a thread that you need help putting in (whatever you got) and theres plenty of people on this board looking for sidework. youll get it done cheaper that way then in a shop and probably a better job too. this from someone whos had work done by every shop in the area.....
Old 04-06-2004 | 07:20 AM
dxplicitone
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Best advise ive heard from this site regarding shops in this area... good shit CnmyTeg
Old 04-06-2004 | 08:02 AM
THATS FRESH
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

pm sent new guy.
Old 04-06-2004 | 09:02 AM
lawguy
Registered Member

Let's just assume for the purposes of my question that installing the stuff myself is NOT an option. Sure, I realize that it might not be that difficult and yes I could probably do it myself, but I'm not asking about that. I want to know names of shops in the Virginia Beach area that can do aftermarket suspension work for Hondas and Acuras.

Thanks for the people that have sent me names of shops or offered to help.

Oh, and what is so horrible about *all* of the shops in our area? Are there seriously NO shops that do good work? I find that pretty hard to believe... especially when dealing with something simple like lowering a car or installing a sway bar.
Old 04-06-2004 | 09:16 AM
CnmyTeg
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

theres not that many shops here in the area, its not like other areas. i was just trying to save you from getting tons of excusses on why your shits fucked up, why its not their fualt speaches, itll be fine like that speaches, hearing, oh itll be done next week...over and over and over.....but if you want those problems, you can go to any shop recommended in the area and find them. good luck. by the way, suspention is no small thing, simple to intall maybe, but you want that shit to be right.
Old 04-06-2004 | 10:03 AM
lawguy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
theres not that many shops here in the area, its not like other areas. i was just trying to save you from getting tons of excusses on why your shits fucked up, why its not their fualt speaches, itll be fine like that speaches, hearing, oh itll be done next week...over and over and over.....but if you want those problems, you can go to any shop recommended in the area and find them. good luck. by the way, suspention is no small thing, simple to intall maybe, but you want that shit to be right.
I appreciate you looking out for me. Really. And you're right, even though the suspension isn't necessarily a complex thing to install, it really sucks if it isn't done right. I've ridden in several cars with horrible suspensions... which is EXACTLY the reason I don't trust myself to do this and wanted it "professionally" done, no matter how easy it might be. I find it very disappointing that there are no professional places in the area that can do some simple suspension work like lowering a car without screwing your ride up. Out of all the people who post on this board, I really thought someone would have a good recommendation.

Maybe this is all a good reason to keep my car stock anyway.
Old 04-06-2004 | 11:57 AM
Crate
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

Well, what your wanting done is really basic, ANY shop should/can install that in a few hours tops w/out any problems. I don't see why you would have any problem with either Millenium, Abacus, Auto Solution (those are in the va beach area) there are lots more in other places.

For what you want, go to whichever gives you the best price, your not asking them to hone your block and portmactch anything. No big deal.
Old 04-06-2004 | 01:46 PM
lawguy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Crate
Well, what your wanting done is really basic, ANY shop should/can install that in a few hours tops w/out any problems. I don't see why you would have any problem with either Millenium, Abacus, Auto Solution (those are in the va beach area) there are lots more in other places.

For what you want, go to whichever gives you the best price, your not asking them to hone your block and portmactch anything. No big deal.
See that's what I was thinking. It should be a simple job that any import shop has done a million times before. But after the negative feedback from some of the people above, it really has me thinking that bringing my car into one of the shops in the area is sure to result in someone screwing my car up.

Has anyone actually had their springs installed by a shop, or did ALL of you do it yourself?

Quick Reply: Shops in Va Beach that do mod installations on imports?