Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NB Miata question

Old 04-15-2015, 05:22 PM
captn_ness
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captn_ness has disabled reputation
Default NB Miata question

what is the best coilovers to get ive been looking at the function and form type 1 set up but wanted some opinions on those and maybe some other good ones that are under the 1300 mark
Old 04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: NB Miata question

Originally Posted by captn_ness
what is the best coilovers to get ive been looking at the function and form type 1 set up but wanted some opinions on those and maybe some other good ones that are under the 1300 mark

Someone else posted this same question for a different car, and got an appropriately open-ended response. This is a classic "how long is a piece of string" question. It's like asking "What's the best car to buy"...? Best for what? Best for racing, best for a family, best to haul things to the dump, best for road trip comfort, best for fuel economy, best for interior headroom because you're tall?

"Best" depends on your needs, your budget, and lots of other things. Do you want something plush and soft for your daily commute? Do you want something with racecar-stiff spring rates because you're going to go to the track? Do you need separate rebound and compression damping, or is combined damping okay, or do you not want/need damping adjustment at all? Do you want height adjustment? Do you want height adjustment independent of shock travel? Are you a hardparker who wants to go really low for cheap at the expense of proper handling, and really doesn't care about any of the important stuff?

Do you just want to use the classifieds and don't have 15 posts under the new rules...?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 PM
captn_ness
Registered Member

captn_ness has disabled reputation

well to be honest yes i do want to use the classifieds but im actually asking this as a real question. to answer some of your questions tho however as to what im looking for i want ride height adjustment independent of shock travel, i would like dampening adjustment but i dont need it and i do want to go low but not too cheap but not break the bank. some other things that i would like to put out there is please do not just say get racelands they are horrible and im not that desperate to go low. i would also consider a shock and lowering spring setup.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Yardjass
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

I don't know a whole lot about them but Flyin Miata makes some good setups and they probably make a model that fits your needs
Old 04-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Niburu
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

FM's VMAXX should fit what the OP is looking for
https://www.flyinmiata.com/fm-nb2-v-...oil-overs.html
Old 04-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Madfisher
Registered member

Madfisher has disabled reputation

ive had rokkor coils for about two years there a step up from racelands and i wouldnt hesitate to buy them again. i think they were like 700
Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 AM
CRXB5
Registered Member

CRXB5 has disabled reputation

Ive had both the FM VMAXX and raceland coilovers. Both worked of course Flying Miata a lot better quality. All depends on your budget and how long you plan on keeping the car.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:37 AM
OSSHWA
Registered member

OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA

I had both Stance GR+ & BC Extreme Lows on my old Mazdaspeed NB. I preferred the BC's ten to one over the Stance's. I believe they were around $995. I ordered them through Kamispeed and they offer custom spring rates up to +/i 2k difference from the standard springs that come with the coilovers. I ended up running 12k up front and 10k in the rear. Mind you my car was really low, hence the stiffer spring rates.