Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New London....

Old 05-18-2004, 07:03 AM
JDM03
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM03 has disabled reputation
Default New London....

I drive up to New London drag way this Sunday and what a joke it is.....you have to carry your own water to the wet box.....(what?) the track is on a slant so if your not careful you WILL roll back out of the staging lanes.....then they had told us we could run in the import division or footbrake so I said import I make one qualifiying run then they call for first round of eliminations when I get you to go into the burn out box they guy stops me and informs me that I can't run my slicks in the import class. I will have to go and change into my street tires to run the rest of the event.... I was like WTF I can't dial in a time with my street tires. Newayz anyone that is thinking about going to New London save your time and money and just go to the Bridge. Oh yeah we had to pay 5.00 just to get into the pits WTF
Old 05-18-2004, 07:43 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New London....

Thats the hot new thing to do. I'll race you to te top of the hill.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:46 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

even bristol has staging lanes that are slightly on a grade.......

oh well
Old 05-20-2004, 05:29 AM
JDM03
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Theres NO way it could be as much of a grade as New London......the only good thing about the track is that you WILL hook and I guess thats why all the bigger cars like it. Has anyone ever been to Eastside or Elk Creek I'm thinking about going there which one is the best?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:54 AM
WaterJet
Registered Member

WaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these partsWaterJet is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JDM03
Theres NO way it could be as much of a grade as New London......the only good thing about the track is that you WILL hook and I guess thats why all the bigger cars like it. Has anyone ever been to Eastside or Elk Creek I'm thinking about going there which one is the best?
Eastside, although admittedly I havent been to Elk Creek in about 10 years. Elk Creek is(was) the most Mom and Pop-est track I've ever been too. It's worth noting as well that the track is(was) not a full 1/8 mile. They shortened it up to compensate for running at such a high altitude (+3500ft IIRC). So you ETs look about right but your MPH is off by 7-10. Again, I last raced at Elk Creek in 1994 or so, so they may have made improvements, but obviously there is no cure for their sky high altitude.