Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

reckless

Old 05-31-2004, 07:57 PM
WhiteVtecB18c1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteVtecB18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default reckless

i got a reckless driving ticket earlier today over by kingsmill....66 in a 45. its where the 55 mph zone switches to a 45. i thought i was still in the 55...this sux.

its my first speeding ticket so i hope the judge will drop the reckless charge.
any thoughts lol??
Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
3xNakedCall
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall
Default Re: reckless

god damn, there have been like 3589375209572 reckless threads on this site in the past week. but anyways, this is from one of the other threads.

Originally Posted by S14KAT
I just used Larry Slipow for a street racing ticket I received. His info is here

He cost me $750, but it was well worth it for the outcome. I was originally charged with "Reckless driving - Drag racing" and he got it reduced to "Reckless driving - general". So I still got a reckless ticket, but he got me no jail time, no license suspension, no community service, just a $250 fine. Also, this is all I got with my driving record, which isn't the best. This was my 4th ticket so I was almost positive that my license was gone. $250 fine and that was it. I'd give him a call if you're worried about the ticket.
and i doubt that the reckless charge will be dropped/reduced unless if you use a lawyer. a friend of mine got a 68 in a 45 for his first ticket. he didn't use a lawyer and lost his license for 2 months.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Ghostrider
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Would all you asshats stop driving like dumbasses! Invest in a radar dectector or something. Oh, QUIT MAKING THESE FUCKING THREADS!!! Its annoying as hell to see a new one pop up every hour.

And if ya get pulled deal with it!

Wanna play? You gotta pay!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:36 PM
devils_civic
i have ek dreams

devils_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ chill home slice. its a free forum. can post anything that isnt agianst the board rules. people dont post to please you. if you dont like it dont click.

but the SEARCH is a very useful tool demonsvt

lawyer would be a good bet. Ive heard stories of people breaking their speedometer and having it fix. showing the recipt in court and being let off scott free. but having it fix is like $200 or so. alot now, but it will save you in the long run. no insurance increase and no suspension. just a thought.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Ghostrider
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by devils_civic
^^^ chill home slice. its a free forum. can post anything that isnt agianst the board rules. people dont post to please you. if you dont like it dont click.
Ya, I understand that but everyone making a thread about it is pointless. And while it may not specifically be against the rules, its just plain annoying!

EDIT: I'm not your home slice.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:45 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a tip to save some money if you are cought drag racing and both of you get tickets.
If the first letter of your last name is after your friends, then you don't need a lawyer since he will go appear in front of the Judge first. He will need the lawyer, so when he gets his sentence and it's your turn, you will be given the same sentence.
This happened to my brother, got caught drag racing, 116 in a 55 and he didn't have a lawyer but his friend had one. $500 fine, 30days with 26 suspended, 60 days suspended license, and $46 court costs, total of $546. His friend ended up paying $1046 since he had a lawyer.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:54 AM
WhiteVtecB18c1
Banned

WhiteVtecB18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was not racing....it was on the way home from VA beach.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Fat Nick
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Basically you're fucked, they pigs look at your age and what your driving. 66 is a little quick you might be able to get it dropped to speeding bt your ticket if prepayable will be about $125 and then with you being less than 18 yrs. old you will have to take a driving improvement clinic which are about $65. I know when I got by 64/45 ticket 2 years ago I prepayed it, if you can prepay it, I would do it because you will be fucked in court.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Lex
vEE-tEC

Lex has disabled reputation

I just got a ticket last night coming out of glouchester right at after the bridge, got me a nice lil speeding ticket of 81 in 45...wow first one but I think I am going to need a lawyer for this one, any advice on who is good?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:11 AM
sho taurus
White Lightning

sho taurus is an unknown quantity at this point

invest in this. http://www.beltronics.com/vectorlrremote.html .it can't be detected by vg-2(radar detector detector that police use).on interstate you pick up cops radar about a mile away or sometimes more.another words you pick up his radar long before before he ever see's you.another nice thing is cops always look for blinking lights around your windshield and sunvisor.this one you mount in your car.radar sensor is inside your bumpercover(yes it reads thru plastic)and you can mount the head unit anywhere in your car such as underdash or ashtray or on console so on.yeah it seems alot for it but by the time you pay for lawyer and court fines for way ahead.it's easy to install too.hardest thing to do is finding someone to sale to va.but you have the net.you will find somebody and remember just cuz you get a radar detector doesn't mean go haulin ass everywhere.please still be safe!

Quick Reply: reckless