Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra Suspension problem!

Old 06-17-2004, 07:05 PM
SlammedScort
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlammedScort has disabled reputation
Default Integra Suspension problem!

I'm having problems with my rear spring install. We got the front in last night with out many problems. Make a story short, both bolts that connect the contol arm to the struts are snapped. We got the right one out by cutting the weld off the back bolt after, the front half of the bolt snapped in half from an impact wrench. The one on the left is being a bitch. The head of the bolt snapped from a torqe bar setup. I've tried an air pin, 4 titanium drill bits, hammer and pin and a lot of PB and nothing. Barely even a dent in it from the bit, I know its a grade 8 bolt but still. Any suggestions on how to get it or, does anyone know if I can just replace the whole bushing in there with a polyurethane set? Please help soon.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 PM
SlammedScort
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

Default Re: Integra Suspension problem!

Night bump.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

same shit happened to me, long, long, long time ago. you could have searched on HT and found out how to avoid it, but no reason to say that now. yuo can cut the strut and just impact the back off. press the bushing out and put new bushings. you should be using new struts anyway. I had to go as far as replace the RLCA but then again i was young and didn't know better. hope you get it resolved. and put antisieze on everthing. i do now.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 AM
SlammedScort
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

I have already cut the left strut out and tried to hit the bolt with an Impact and nothing. Im probably just going to knock the bushings out, thanks for the advice.