Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help SR shuts off, im at work!!

Old 06-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Wickedy Wick
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick
Default Help SR shuts off, im at work!!

Driving around town the car drives good. this is my first time driving to work with the sr. I drove on the highway for like 20min then when i came to my first stoplight and pressed the clutch in my car shuts off. it started to shut off everytime i would slow down at a stoplight. then it needed some gas to start it back up. I will be leaving work at 7. so anyhelp would be helpful

mods
255 fuel pump
greddy intercooler
greddy bov type-s
300zx fuel filter
stock boost
brand new maf
Old 06-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help SR shuts off, im at work!!

put the BOV back into the intake. or run a safc with the air correction turned on for atmoshpere vented BOV's.

factory equipped bov's reroute to intake after mafs.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Wickedy Wick
Registered Member

Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick

connect the lower nipple to the nipple on the intake tube?? why would it do that all of a sudden
Old 06-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

oh and it didnt need gas to start back up, Fuel injection cars dont add more fuel at start up if you press the gas. The motor needed air to start since the stall was caused by excessive fuel. When the bov vents to the atomosphere the motor is not getting the air that the mafs metered, but it still gets the fuel.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

is it dying all of a sudden? or does it have a little struggle before it dies?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

no the outlet of the BOV needs to be routed after the mafs. The bigg 1.5" hole.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Wickedy Wick
Registered Member

dies instantly

so i should unplug the hole in the intake and connect a hose from bov to that
Old 06-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

as long as its the size of the outlet of the bov where all the air comes out when you shift.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:34 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Mine didn't have a problem with BOV vented to atmosphere. To each their own I guess.

I like the noise it makes with no BOV. So I just disconnected the vacuum line going to the BOV
Old 06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Wickedy Wick
Registered Member

so if i just disconnect the hose for now it should be ok to drive

Quick Reply: Help SR shuts off, im at work!!