Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic Questions

Old 06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Stryfe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stryfe has disabled reputation
Cool Civic Questions

I have a few questions for you guys.

Im looking to buy a High Flow Cat. i want it to be legal. I dont want to waste my money. Any Sugestions?

Also looking for a header. If someone can give me some insight on this, that'd be great. Preferably someone who has put one a newer Civic, and knows something about the results. Once again, id like to get the most bang for my buck.

And one last thing. Ive been curious about this. Im not "to" serious about a SuperCharger, but if anyone has some info on what that pumps out or how "newer" civics take to them, that'd be cool too.

2k4 Civic Ex.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
SCOOBY STEVE
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: Civic Questions

powercore, just dont tell any one or it will be illegal.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Stryfe

Well. thanx for the info. I was really trying to keep everything on the Car lagit though. For obvious reasons. Ive read peeps posts about getting pulled over and whatnot. I would just like to Not have to worry about.
Sort of... Laugh at them when they dare pull me over. But thats me. Anyways, ill ask around about the info you gave me.

if you have anything else you know of that would help me out. preferably with the Super Charger and if anyone has tried it or heard of someone throwing one on a 2k4 Civic, thatd be cool.

Thanx.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:10 PM
deeseetoo
NO MA'AM

deeseetoo has disabled reputation

does hampton have emissions testing?
Old 06-29-2004, 06:40 AM
diggum
Quit your Bitchin...

diggum has disabled reputation

I wouldn't supercharge...I'd spool . You're only looking at about 100(and that's being generous)more hp with a blower...so that'd be what...127 tire shredding horsepower at the crank stock...so estimate 227hp at the crank with a blower but do drivetrain loss equations? So you're only looking at 190-200hp to the wheels. That's what most nissans and Vdubs are putting out stock. Spool it and call it a day

Last edited by diggum; 06-29-2004 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

diggum, shut the fuck up. that's all.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:11 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

how about just drive it?

mods decrease reliability....esp when you start getting into FI.

to paraphrase: start with something fast, but dont try to make a race car out of an economy car....
Old 06-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Stryfe

Another reason I sorta hate boards....

I asked for some insight. Not something my grandfather would tell me. Something that "dragva" would tell me. the last thing i thought id see was "Leave the car stock". But im surprised everyday, so why not today.

The problem w/ stock, civic or not, is i dont like that word. Also, i dont want the car to be pushing 400hp. i just want it to be respective. Before i invest the cash into making it look "nice", id like it to be "semi", and i use the term loosely, fast.

So thanks to the people who answered my question.

and Fc735. i do drive it, and its a honda. nuff said.
Lets not turn this into something its not. Im new here, i dont want to disturb the "peace".
Old 06-29-2004, 10:24 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

that is good.

my advice then:

Header: possible to be a decent improvement in power, but you may want to research to make sure that it keeps the cat, or has one to install somewhere...you dont want to be getting a ticket all the time now, do you?

catback: which in this case (IIRC) is basically from the manifold back. decent (5-10hp, again, IIRC) just for the sake of others please dont stick a fart cannon on it....

CAI: worthwhile investment, i would also advise getting a BPV with it (i know some people will say you dont need it, but i would rather be safe then sorry....)

Management: Honda spend a damn good amount of time figuring that ECU out, and with minor bolt ons, i dont see spending the money of an SAFC would be worthwhile for the 5hp it may give.....

running larger cams, higher CR, FI, etc can cause you problems if you try to have the car as a daily.....

just my advice...god luck and
Old 06-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Stryfe

Well, thanks alot FC. Ive been doing some research on pretty much everything that can possibly go onto the car.

ATM. i have a CAI. and an Exhaust. (Greddy Evo II)

i think the next logical step would be a header, like you mentioned.
Problem with that is... there's about a million different kinds. Ive seen alot of DC sports headers around, but i dont know.. I just dont want to waste my money on something that sucks ass, when i coulda spent a lil more or even less, and get something better. But ill do some more asking around.

Quick Reply: Civic Questions