Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local shops that do Emanage tuning

Old 06-29-2004, 08:56 AM
BlackSRT4
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4
Default Local shops that do Emanage tuning

^ are there any that can tune and possibly install an Emanage.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:58 AM
NO PISTONS
wanna lose

NO PISTONS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Local shops that do Emanage tuning

abacus
Old 06-29-2004, 09:16 AM
BlackSRT4
Registered Member

i heard that they were very expensive, but didnt know they did tuning
Old 06-29-2004, 08:39 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

I'll be driving to FL in Aug to have a emanage and E-01 installed on my car so I should know how to tune one when I return, but that's a ways away.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

ABACUS-------just remmber you get what you pay for. You can go to a cheaper shop but you will cheap shitty work.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:37 PM
dxplicitone
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
^ are there any that can tune and possibly install an Emanage.
Okay i just came off a fustrating experience with Abacus and my turbo GSR on the E manage. First off... i ran this setup because i wanted to maintain my OBD2 and not convert to OBD1(more money)... I bought the entire system with harnesses and boost pressure sensor. I installed it myself... pretty straight forward. And made arrangements to take it there to be tuned. I asked ahead of time if the tuner was familiar with it and asked me to bring the manual with me. He read it for about 30 minutes and we went to work... either one of two things happened... after 3 hours of being there it was either one... my E manage wasnt functioning properly unlikely... or two he had no idea how to setup the unit and work the software. Because we got nowhere with my car... it actually ran worse when i left than when it drove in there.
I spoke with i guess a manager of the shop because i really didnt think it would have been fair to pay the time of tuning if nothing became of my experience there. He mentioned that the E manage is new to them and have not been familiar with it yet. He did not charge me but asked me if i would let him have my manual which i did.. for them to review in hopes they might be able to do this work in the future for others. Overall... i dont think it was a bad experience because i didnt lose money in the effort.. but i have since then taken the system out and sold it because no local shops can support it it seems.
Hopefully in time they can review the instructions and maybe get their hands on another car to mess with... but until then i would definitly wait. This was just 2 weeks ago. I hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

HONDATA will solve every problems for you.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:27 AM
BlackSRT4
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dxplicitone
Okay i just came off a fustrating experience with Abacus and my turbo GSR on the E manage. First off... i ran this setup because i wanted to maintain my OBD2 and not convert to OBD1(more money)... I bought the entire system with harnesses and boost pressure sensor. I installed it myself... pretty straight forward. And made arrangements to take it there to be tuned. I asked ahead of time if the tuner was familiar with it and asked me to bring the manual with me. He read it for about 30 minutes and we went to work... either one of two things happened... after 3 hours of being there it was either one... my E manage wasnt functioning properly unlikely... or two he had no idea how to setup the unit and work the software. Because we got nowhere with my car... it actually ran worse when i left than when it drove in there.
I spoke with i guess a manager of the shop because i really didnt think it would have been fair to pay the time of tuning if nothing became of my experience there. He mentioned that the E manage is new to them and have not been familiar with it yet. He did not charge me but asked me if i would let him have my manual which i did.. for them to review in hopes they might be able to do this work in the future for others. Overall... i dont think it was a bad experience because i didnt lose money in the effort.. but i have since then taken the system out and sold it because no local shops can support it it seems.
Hopefully in time they can review the instructions and maybe get their hands on another car to mess with... but until then i would definitly wait. This was just 2 weeks ago. I hope this helps.
I know Millenium does tuning dont they? i hear more good things about them but they dont have their own dyno and i think they go to abacus. I think im competent enough to probaby go to the dyno and tune it myself after reading the manual and i have a couple SRT folks off the forums that gonna help, i just dont want to screw up anything..... All i need to do is add fuel, not adjust timing or any of that other stuff.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 AM
dxplicitone
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Insperation
HONDATA will solve every problems for you.
Good lord... why must ever fuck on the planet try to tell me things that i already know. If i needed an opinion on how i should set my car up i would ask you or anybody else for that matter.

BlackSRT4- There is also a good site... www.mohdparts.com that has every thing you can think of reguarding the Emanage including software updates, FAQ's and even a link to the Yahoo message board for Emanage users. As well as the instruction manuals so you can print them and look at it before you even decide to buy it. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:47 AM
stillmatic

stillmatic is an unknown quantity at this point

dxplicitone, are you using a Greddy Turbo Kit?

i think the new TDO5 kits come w/ eManage, instead of the blue box, i could be wrong. i was planning on getting the kit next week, and i was looking for a shop to tune w/ eManage. i'm in the same situation as you, don't want to convert from OBDII to OBDI. now its either emanage or safc.

Last edited by stillmatic; 08-10-2004 at 11:51 AM.